What languages do you guys know?

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: What languages do you guys know?

Postby ToxicPaste » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:44 pm

Main English, can read Russian but I have no idea what any of it means, stopped taking lessons because my teacher moved to Russia >:C. Essentially I know the Russian alphabet and numbers xD.
ToxicPaste

Postby liala » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:40 pm

First language is German.
Second English. I guess I'm good at writing and grammar since I learned it in school for 8 years (some errors probably still happen). But I'm not sure about speaking... I hope I don't have the typical German accent xD
I'm also intermediate at Japanese. I can understand and write some sentences.
I also learned French in school but I almost forgot everything...
liala

Postby Levvuny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:43 pm

Oops. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7332

That's really cool Liala... It seems like most people who don't start with English learn more languages... not fair... :(
Levvuny

Postby liala » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:51 pm

Most of the people who don't have English as a first language will learn it in school and native speakers don't have to learn it anymore xD well duh but that's +1 for non English speakers.
I learned some more languages because of my school. We could also elect Spanish, Greek, Latin, I think there was also a club for Chinese. And you could even elect a bilingual class. So Geography and other subjects where teached in English.
liala

Postby Levvuny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:55 pm

D: Also it seems non-English people learn stuff earlier. World-1 Enlgish-0

I really wish we were taught things earlier, in my city you start learning languages at like... highschool... so that makes it so it's already way harder to learn languages... really hard if you are trying for a language like Japanese. :P whatever.
Levvuny

Postby Haru » Thu Feb 13, 2014 6:59 pm

main arabic (hardest language halp!)
understand everything and can talk = Japanese
second = english
a bit of french and Korean and Italian
guys Japanese is not that hard arabic is harder o.o
Haru

Postby Levvuny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:07 pm

I'll trust you on that one. The really only hard part of Japanese, I guess, would be learning Kanji... But really... Stop being so smart guys... gosh. I need to learn Japanese all the way to boost my confidence now...
Levvuny

Postby liala » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:20 pm

That's true you really learn things easier at an earlier age. Maybe some schools think you don't need other languages if you know English or something.
Yeah, the speaking part is not really that hard with Japanese because the pronunciation is "hard" and you usually don't accidently say a totally different word with an insulting meaning or something. Kanji is difficult though. Some are easy to remember but well you can't read a newspaper when you only know a few xD Hiragana and Katakana are not that difficult. You don't even need Katakana that much. I had some problems with grammar because you sometimes have to form sentences strangely (in comparision to German at least).
Good luck. You can do it! : D
liala

Postby Levvuny » Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:26 pm

^_^ I sure hope I can!
Levvuny

Postby Z.E.D » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:14 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:That went off-topic fast, but I wanna see Accelkoto's face :lol:

That's like asking i want to know what's in eren's basesment , or what happene to zuko's mom, what is the meaning and purpose of life ? XD
Z.E.D

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic