Transforming into a Titan. (Anime/Manga Spoilers)

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Transforming into a Titan. (Anime/Manga Spoilers)

Postby Simantov » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:27 am

I hope I haven't repeated a thread about this. Anyway,

I have been having a lot of questions regarding a human shifting to a titan, characteristics, traits, etc.
For example: if the person is short while being a human, does that mean his or her titan form would be a short one?
Spoiler:
Annie was a very short girl (5'0"ft/1.53m) but her titan was a 14m, almost the height of Eren's (15m). Berthold being the tallest had a 60m titan.

Also what about their hair length and color, eye color, and teeth form?
Spoiler:
Eren's hair grew longer on his titan form. Annie's grew shorter. Berthold had no hair whatsoever. Reiner had whitish hair. Ymir had pointy teeth and long toe and hand nails.

Spoiler:
I have also noticed that Berthold, Reiner and Annie lack skin on their titan forms. Unlike Eren and Ymir.

Do genetics might be involved into the traits of a titan?
I haven't read anything from Mr. Isayama regarding this.

So if anyone is interested in speculating or theorizing a little on this, thanks in advance.
Simantov

Re: Transforming into a Titan. (Anime/Manga Spoilers)

Postby ToxicPaste » Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:10 am

I think this would go in the SnK Discussion forum section, but anyway...

I think Eren and Ymir's titan forms are outdated compared to the other 3. They sacrifice skin for other powerful attributes, like natural armor, crystallizing armor, and size, so I'm thinking they have newer updated versions of the power that can be fine tuned to their needs, makes me wonder what Berik's titan woulda been.

I do think genetics come into play, but maybe only certain things. Hair color and style seems the same (except bertl because he doesn't have enough skin to hold hair xD), Reiner has the same hair, Annie has the same hair (just not in a bun). Eren and Ymir's 'outdated' titans have longer hair than their human forms, but the same color. Facial structure seems to have a little effect too, Reiner looks a LOT like his titan. Size however seems to be different, normal titans have random sizes it seems, Ymir is the tallest female in the entire series, and sex doesn't matter at all because Ymir's titan looks all manly n stuff. Then again there were a few female-ish looking titans so maybe the genetic transition just sucks, who knows.
ToxicPaste

Postby Accelevi » Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:13 pm

The skin's not even needed I think.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:17 pm

Plot twist: Ymir is a boy. :lol:
And Ymir's eyes expression is different than others.
Maybe they exchanged their skin for something. (like armor: Annie/Reiner, or size: Bert, and Eren/Ymir can still do it too)
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Senpai » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:10 pm

How can Eren's Titan be outdated if he got his titans power after the fall of that one wall.

Reiner, and Bert had their titan forms before the fall. Also Can't Eren do the cordinate? Even though he doesn't sacrifice skin or anything, I'm pretty sure he can do it again.

edit: I think shifters only have one power they have to find out how to do, like Eren can't get hard like Annie. (insert erectile dysfunction joke here) And If Reiner could turn 60M Armored cystal climbing cordinate titan, he would be OP.

So probably each shifter serum has a specific power, or something.
Senpai

Postby Simantov » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:02 am

ToxicPaste wrote:Size however seems to be different, normal titans have random sizes it seems, Ymir is the tallest female in the entire series, and sex doesn't matter at all because Ymir's titan looks all manly n stuff. Then again there were a few female-ish looking titans so maybe the genetic transition just sucks, who knows.

Spoiler:
Mhh, it was kind of difficult to pinpoint what mindless titans were female humans. I only saw like three or two. (?)
The smiling titan (the one who eat Carla Jaeger) seemed female to me, also the one who ate Mina Carolina, and another hot one that ate a soldier lol.
Indeed they said titans had no sexual dimorphism but I don't find that a 100% accurate. I think sex does matter a little and I find it contradictory, Annie's T has curves and that nice rear, which is lacking on other normal titans.

But I also find disturbing that why Annie's titan only has breasts. Like it is stated, titans don't have sexual organs (I'm not sure if mammary glands can be considered a sexual organ) and I can pretty much guess that beneath the breast or chest tissue there are none, because of the lack of errr, nipples, and because there are no offspring to feed.
Maybe because she is a human shifter, but still Ymir had no sexual dimorphism whatsoever. Also, Annie seemed a little flat chested to me in both the anime and manga lol, except for some pictures, but I'm not sure I can count on them, so I don't think she got all those amazing boobs because she had a decent chest size.

Add wrote:The skin's not even needed I think.

Yeah probably it isn't needed but I found interesting that theory about lacking skin for special abilities. Maybe the lack of skin is just to show some titan shifters come from different areas of the world? But then again, that should be able to be applied to normal titans too, and they all seems to have skin. The Nose Trio's titans look abnormal from the rest.

Annie Leonhardt wrote:Plot twist: Ymir is a boy. :lol:
And Ymir's eyes expression is different than others.
Maybe they exchanged their skin for something. (like armor: Annie/Reiner, or size: Bert, and Eren/Ymir can still do it too)

Actually...I have noticed how Ymir looks so androgynous (Androgyny is the combination of masculine and feminine characteristics.)
She has boobs but, she kind of lacks curves. And the fact that the author seems to dress her with unisex clothes (or even a tuxedo in that RPG game), makes me think she could probably be a guy D:

Maybe the serum does have something to do in the titan's traits.
Simantov

Postby liala » Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:19 am

Ymir is a different case I think. We still don't know that much about her.
And I doubt she would turn out to be a guy (wasn't serious I know) because the Titan doesn't look like her at all.
It was implied she stole it somehow so she probably transformed differently from Annie and co.

Now that you mention it it's really strange that the Female Titan well is female.
I also noticed one Titan who got punched by Eren looked more feminine but it also lacked breasts, I think. Or we didn't see it at all (I'll check it later).
this one

We would need to see another Shifter from their village to see if only they look like their Titan.
liala

Return to Off-Topic