3D Maneuver Gear Swords

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

3D Maneuver Gear Swords

Postby Weapioneer » Tue May 27, 2014 5:16 am

Greetings,
I am a fan of SnK and hence decided to make the 3DMG swords, and I wanted to show them to you chaps here. I have no clue as to where a thread like this should go, since it didn't really fit into gallery or into just anime & manga, so I am extremely sorry if this is a horrible place to stick it

So here is my swords, which I just recently completed.
Picture 1
Picture 2

Sorry for the bad photos, I am not a good photographer. I also could not put the pictures here as pictures since they were too damn big.
As you can see, the blades are removable, and locked in by the hammers above the thumb joint. It isn't strictly the manga version, since I slightly added in anime elements and took some artistic license in modifying bits. It is mostly made up of PVC and PVC foamboard, and if you have any questions feel free to ask or to check out therpf.com for a multitude of build threads. I haven't made the longer blades due to a lack of parts, but plan to soon. I may or may not make the rest of the 3DMG, depending on if i can afford it in terms of time and money. I didn't add the triggers since my fingers don't leave too much room. The plugs in the butt of the handles allow for me to disconnect it from the rest of the 3DMG, should I chose to make it.
So, what do you all think?

Weapioneer
Weapioneer

Re: 3D Maneuver Gear Swords

Postby ToxicPaste » Tue May 27, 2014 5:19 am

may accel have mercy on your soul
ToxicPaste

Postby d_OVRKLL » Tue May 27, 2014 5:42 am

ToxicPaste wrote:may accel have mercy on your soul

LMAOOOOOOOO

This is pretty cool by the way
d_OVRKLL

Postby Terminus » Tue May 27, 2014 5:51 am

Pity there's not a dedicated fan works section... maybe the graphics section could be retitled as "Art"?
Terminus

Postby HIT0SHI » Tue May 27, 2014 5:58 am

I guess the Off Topic section will do.

Those are pretty neat even better that there removable. Kinda of a bummer that its has really short blades tough.
HIT0SHI

Postby Weapioneer » Tue May 27, 2014 11:39 am

ToxicPaste wrote:may accel have mercy on your soul

I hope so :3
d_OVRKLL wrote:LMAOOOOOOOO
This is pretty cool by the way

Terminus wrote:Pity there's not a dedicated fan works section... maybe the graphics section could be retitled as "Art"?

Perhaps, since you could consider it as a 3D work of art, but it isn't a graphic.
HIT0SHI wrote:I guess the Off Topic section will do.

Those are pretty neat even better that there removable. Kinda of a bummer that its has really short blades tough.

yeah, but PVC and PVC foamboard aren't strong enough to be used by themselves for a blade that long in that thickness, so I need to procure metal strips to use for the core, and that is hard to get and not that cheap, but if I make them, I will put up pictures of them.
Weapioneer

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue May 27, 2014 11:42 am

Looks awesome man. When you eventually make longer ones you should post them too. I would love to see them. :)
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby HIT0SHI » Tue May 27, 2014 12:46 pm

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:Looks awesome man. When you eventually make longer ones you should post them too. I would love to see them. :)

Same here! :)
HIT0SHI

Postby Weapioneer » Tue May 27, 2014 1:58 pm

Sure, when I finish the long blades, I will definitely post pictures. If i make the full 3DMG, then likewise. The long blades may take anywhere from 1-2 weeks, depending on when I get the parts. To make the long blades, there is a simple but long process, not counting acquisition of the parts.
1) I need to cut out 3 long strips of foam board
2) cut a long slot in one of them for the aluminum strip,
3) stick the layers together with the aluminum as the core
4) sand about 70cm long of foam board down to an edge, around a 45 degree angle. That needs to be done twice per blade to get the edge, so total 4 times per pair of blades.
5) finishing sanding for smoothness, adding the notch to lock the blades in
6) painting the blades
7) rinse, lather and repeat per pair of blades.
So yeah, going to need time......
Weapioneer

Postby HIT0SHI » Tue May 27, 2014 2:16 pm

Hey take your time, it will be ready when it's ready.
HIT0SHI

Next

Return to Off-Topic