"WOW" camera type issues

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

"WOW" camera type issues

Postby Foxen » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:35 pm

I've used the WOW camera style the entire time I've played this game, and lately I've discovered a couple of bugs with it. For example, when playing on an online server, you can't point your cursor at the skybox or your cursor temporarily freezes, and for a short period of time you can't fire hooks as well, this hinders you from being able to spacebar hook into the very top of the buildings at the beginning of city 2 to get a huge pull of momentum. At first I thought maybe it was a lag issue on the host's side, but as far as I can tell every match I've entered into has had this issue.

Also, I was told that this was implemented by Feng on purpose, but in my opinion, and in the opinions of other WOW players I've talked to, the S+LMB combo to activate your special attack is very problematic. (Especially as Levi, where you hook off into some random direction right as you were about to land on a titan's nape) At the very least should be toggle-able, as I expect many other have issues with random specials activating. (Unless they play Jean) If they are going to keep it, people need to be informed about its existence in the controls menu, though I'd prefer to have the option not to use it.

The final issue I've encountered is that you can't change the button that controls your camera. I personally have become accustomed to the right click, but some people might prefer another button for it.

If you're a WOW camera style player, I'd love if you could submit some input on these issues so we have more opinions of people who are experienced with this camera setting.
Foxen

Re: "WOW" camera type issues

Postby Blackhunter » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:43 pm

thanks for posting about those bugs,i didn't see a lot of ppl use WoW camera,so we don't know any bugs about it.
thanks,and hopefully feng will fix those bugs soon.
Blackhunter

Postby Foxen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:36 am

Found a new WOW camera issue in the new update regarding the S+LMB combo. As Eren, if I try to attack while holding S, it does nothing. Makes him pretty much unplayable for me, which is lame since he's really cool and brand new.
Foxen

Postby Miracle » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:23 pm

How about pressing C to change camera mode, transform into titan, and goes back into WOW mode again? Well, this is certainly a bug to be fixed though.
Miracle

Postby Foxen » Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:54 pm

Nah, it's not in an attempt to transform. It's during the first 2 minutes of the game before the cd comes back. If I try attacking while holding S it simply won't attack at all. It essentially needs to become a toggle-able combo, since no doubt more people have trouble with it. I can only play jean, everybody else is unusable with the combo in place. It's very frustrating. Thanks for your feedback, though. I thought I'd never see anyone respond to this :D
Foxen

Postby Accelevi » Wed Nov 13, 2013 2:30 am

Eren doesn't have a special anyways besides shifting, and if one tries to use special keystrokes before charge is up, then nothing happens.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Foxen » Wed Nov 13, 2013 3:36 am

The point is that I can't move towards my screen and attack at the same time as Eren, it's a big issue. I get a lot of my kills with my backswing, oddly enough.
Foxen

Postby Foxen » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:02 pm

Bump because I posted this two updates ago and never recieved any sort of feedback from WOW camera users. This is legitimately a big problem for me at the least, so I'd really like to hear others' opinions on the matter.
Foxen

Postby Tethys » Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:14 pm

I'd just like to comment that the issues raised by Foxen are still ongoing issues. Of particular concern is the fact that, when in the WoW camera mode, simultaneously pressing the key for 'Backward' and the key for 'Attack' will result in a Special Attack triggering. Like Foxen I have also been told that this is deliberate and is by design. However, that seems very strange to me for two reasons.

The first reason is that that particular combo is in effect only for the WoW camera mode. Why not for other camera modes?
The second reason is that it appears incredibly non-functional and purposeless. Why do we need a special combination of two keys triggering a special attack when we already have a perfectly fine single key that's going to trigger our special attack?

The reason this is a concern is that it effectively means that users of the WoW camera mode are UNABLE to safely use their attack whenever they are also moving their character towards the camera. There are certain characters, especially Jean, for whom this is no concern. However, if you use Mikasa, for instance, this can lead to some unfortunate deaths when otherwise you would have that instant have killed a titan. For instance, there are situations where using 'Attack' would result in a kill because the momentum from your gas (while pressing Backward) would drive you into the nape. However if you press Attack in this situation (while Backward is pressed down), instead of doing a normal attack, a Mikasa will use her spike attack and will drive into the ground (where she will be grabbed by a 15m class), where otherwise a regular attack would have continued on into the nape and killed the titan.

In summary, as far as I can see, the current system whereby 'backward' + 'attack' = 'special attack' (BUT ONLY FOR THE WOW CAMERA MODE) beyond being pointless and purposeless, is a major hindrance to users of the WOW camera mode.
Tethys

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:37 am

IIRC, WOW's special is like that because you press the mouse button to move the camera.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Next

Return to Bug Reports