Annoying hitboxes on player titans

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Annoying hitboxes on player titans

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 03, 2014 8:33 pm

This is less of a bug and more of just an outrageous inconsistency, i didn't want to put it in Game Suggestions since it would really just be a waste of a topic.

Basically with the new player Titans it seems like the hitboxes that they have are way too unfair, on several occasions they do the body slam attack and it manages to kill players including myself who are above them, way out of range. Another thing is the Titan-Fu which has reverted back to the magnet hands, which were fixed from what i recall. From what i see this is only on player titans tho, regular titans seem as fair, easy and boring as ever.

So this is annoying, and needs to be fixed, really.
Connorhere

Re: Annoying hitboxes on player titans

Postby Shirosaki » Sat May 03, 2014 9:26 pm

I believe this is a result of lag/delay, it's not only player titans.
Shirosaki

Postby Connorhere » Sat May 03, 2014 10:34 pm

Are you sure? Obviously it'd make sense however i have been on 100% lag-free servers for quite a bit and this problem remains evident, from what i've seen its only on the player titans, too.
Connorhere

Postby Shirosaki » Sat May 03, 2014 10:40 pm

The gameplay may look smooth and give off the impression there is no lag, though I'm sure that's just a facade and a result of switching to photon servers. Feng hasn't said anything about the hitboxes being changed I don't think.
Shirosaki

Postby Innti » Sun May 04, 2014 6:23 am

Confirmed. They are bigger
Innti

Postby Shirosaki » Sun May 04, 2014 6:33 am

Well... not that I agree with the changes he's made, after all I'm already frequently getting killed miles away from the combined efforts of hitboxes and lag.
Shirosaki

Postby Connorhere » Sun May 04, 2014 2:03 pm

I hope this gets fixed soon, fighting player titans is really fun, and i wanna fight until i legitimately mess up. More often than not i just die an unfair death which really annoys me.
Connorhere

Postby AstralBlader » Mon May 05, 2014 9:06 pm

Here is explained why the hitboxes of them are so big: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=7894
Its just a ping problem...
AstralBlader

Postby Z.E.D » Mon May 05, 2014 10:02 pm

I don't think it's lag. even with lag we should die when 20 feet above a titan doing body slam
Z.E.D

Postby Connorhere » Mon May 05, 2014 10:24 pm

I really don't think its a ping/lag problem, i think the hitboxes are bigger. The reason i think this is because i don't die due to seriously unexplainable circumstances like me being across the map and dying, its specific around around the titan where i shouldn't die but do die. But not more outwards than that.

From what i've seen you're garunteed to get squished if you're under a titan who has just activated the bellyflop, but you zoom up out of the way in a flash and maybe even end up across the map, or zoom up above them you still go squish. As for Titan-fu i got slapped once while on their head, not in the flight path of the hand which doesn't have magnethands anymore on normal titans.
Connorhere

Next

Return to Bug Reports