Player Titans Climbing Walls

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Player Titans Climbing Walls

Postby FailureofHumanity » Mon May 05, 2014 5:24 am

So I randomly discovered this "bug" although it's not really useful, kinda like the bladeless kill glitch. So you run to the longer side of the wall (outside) and would preferably be a large titan. You then run on top, slowly moving up, kinda like a ramp. Not sure if this was on purpose, but just one of those random quirks. I enjoy climbing the wall and watching the reactions xD
I have screenshots, but I don't know how to insert images >.>
FailureofHumanity

Re: Player Titans Climbing Walls

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Mon May 05, 2014 6:48 am

FailureofHumanity wrote:So I randomly discovered this "bug" although it's not really useful, kinda like the bladeless kill glitch. So you run to the longer side of the wall (outside) and would preferably be a large titan. You then run on top, slowly moving up, kinda like a ramp. Not sure if this was on purpose, but just one of those random quirks. I enjoy climbing the wall and watching the reactions xD
I have screenshots, but I don't know how to insert images >.>

This is a pretty well-known bug, and it's actually quite useful for taking out stupid Eren campers that sit on the wall. It CAN be abusable though. It has something to do with a slight slope being on parts of the wall. Also, to insert pictures, you need something like a photobucket account, then you just gotta upload the picture you want to insert. Then, go onto the page with the picture, right click on it and click "copy image url", then when making a post, use the "Img" tags and paste the url between the [img] things.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby FailureofHumanity » Mon May 05, 2014 7:58 am

Thanks for the explanation. Also for telling me how to insert images (which I won't be doing since it requires photobucket) Thanks! :)
(Any of the mods can lock this now if they want)
FailureofHumanity

Postby Connorhere » Mon May 05, 2014 10:37 am

I'm suprised it took this long for people to put this in bug reports. Loads of people probably knew about it but i feel like nobody cared that badly.

Also its not only on the outside of the wall, it can be done on any part of the wall as long as its on those pillar things.
Connorhere

Postby TheGreatJedi » Wed May 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Connorhere wrote:I'm suprised it took this long for people to put this in bug reports. Loads of people probably knew about it but i feel like nobody cared that badly.

Also its not only on the outside of the wall, it can be done on any part of the wall as long as its on those pillar things.

Actually i reported this already http://fenglee.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7824
In the General discussion cuz it is more noticable that way
Since most consider this annoying
TheGreatJedi

Postby Hungry for innards » Thu May 15, 2014 1:57 am

Connorhere wrote:I'm suprised it took this long for people to put this in bug reports. Loads of people probably knew about it but i feel like nobody cared that badly.

What!? This is supposed to be a bug? I thought it was part of the game (which may explain why people haven't complained about it). If Titans couldn't climb the wall, it would kill many rooms while some afk or noob camper hides on top of the wall. I say to leave this as it is. Is it really even a bug? It takes a while for them to get up there anyway, so it's not a significant advantage. The real problem is how OP the human-player Titans are. It's insane. You have to lower the effects of their splashing especially.
Hungry for innards

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu May 15, 2014 4:05 pm

Hungry for innards wrote:

What!? This is supposed to be a bug? I thought it was part of the game (which may explain why people haven't complained about it). If Titans couldn't climb the wall, it would kill many rooms while some afk or noob camper hides on top of the wall. I say to leave this as it is. Is it really even a bug? It takes a while for them to get up there anyway, so it's not a significant advantage. The real problem is how OP the human-player Titans are. It's insane. You have to lower the effects of their splashing especially.

Actually at first i thought this can be a great tutorial for player Titans
But it is not canon so i thought it was a bug posting it in General Discussion
Figures my brother discover this right when the new update is release and i make the video

But yeah i like your point its better this way while kicking policy is not yet implemented or whatsoever
TheGreatJedi

Postby Innti » Fri May 16, 2014 11:27 pm

Can also run at sides of forest map. Anyway not hard to fix. Ill see if feng takes my code.
Innti

Return to Bug Reports