Users can register same usernames.

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Users can register same usernames.

Postby Weed » Tue May 13, 2014 10:04 am

By simply changing a capital letter somewhere, you can register a name that someone else has had because in-game it automatically capitalizes everything. This means people can literally steal someone elses name and no one would be any the wiser.

You can even register the name FENG or any variation with different capitals. This leads me to believe it must not be intentional?

For example Accelevi can be registered in-game (64) different times. Feng can be registered in game (16) different times. ETC.
Weed

Re: Users can register same usernames.

Postby xRivailution » Tue May 13, 2014 10:15 am

Weed wrote:By simply changing a capital letter somewhere, you can register a name that someone else has had because in-game it automatically capitalizes everything. This means people can literally steal someone elses name and no one would be any the wiser.

You can even register the name FENG or any variation with different capitals. This leads me to believe it must not be intentional?

For example Accelevi can be registered in-game (64) different times. Feng can be registered in game (16) different times. ETC.

Um its not really a big deal. Since everyone knows how they are truly written,however feng should consider fixing this.
xRivailution

Postby Weed » Tue May 13, 2014 10:17 am

The issue is that because the game capitalises all letters, it actually gives the impression that the user is the real FENG or ACCELEVI no matter how it is variated.

How about auto-capitalization (in assuming that the registration is done via PHP).

$username_var = ucfirst($username_var)
Weed

Postby Ceazar » Tue May 13, 2014 4:45 pm

xRivailution wrote:
Weed wrote:By simply changing a capital letter somewhere, you can register a name that someone else has had because in-game it automatically capitalizes everything. This means people can literally steal someone elses name and no one would be any the wiser.

Um its not really a big deal. Since everyone knows how they are truly written,however feng should consider fixing this.

Yep really need of fixing, I like my name not being capitalized aside from the first letter, and certainly don't want to be impersonated by someone. which leads to whos who.
Ceazar

Postby DarioEMeloD » Tue May 13, 2014 5:28 pm

It's not auto-capitalized. Lowercase letters are the same as capital, but they're still smaller, so you can tell the difference.
DarioEMeloD

Postby Accelevi » Tue May 13, 2014 6:22 pm

Case shouldn't matter, it should only allow one set.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Tue May 13, 2014 8:16 pm

Accelevi wrote:Case shouldn't matter, it should only allow one set.

pity that's not how it currently works. The login is indeed case sensitive.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 pm

Unfortunately enough. :T
I can think of a few possible ways to fix this, but with the knowledge I have right now, the code would be a bit bulky.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Return to Bug Reports