Special Attack in WOW camera

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Special Attack in WOW camera

Postby Tethys » Sun May 18, 2014 12:34 am

When in WOW camera, pressing the key for 'Backward' and the key for 'Attack' simultaneously triggers the 'Special Attack'.
That is, in addition to being triggered when you press whatever key you have set for 'Special Attack', it will also trigger when S and LeftMouseButton are pressed simultaneously for instance.

This happens ONLY for the WOW camera, not the Original or the TPS.
This is not some intentional feature specific to WoW; it has no useful purpose and simply gets in the way time and time and time again.
It makes using any character that actually has an active special attack extremely difficult to use because you keep triggering the special attack while in midair (especially if you use instant gas launches often).

Has been ongoing issue for months. I've heard of mods that have got rid of it, so I don't believe it would be terribly difficult at all to fix.
Last edited by Tethys on Sun May 18, 2014 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tethys

Re: Special Attack in WOW camera

Postby Zarythe » Sun May 18, 2014 1:06 am

Who even plays on WOW?

derp character limit
Zarythe

Postby DarioEMeloD » Sun May 18, 2014 1:07 am

Zarythe wrote:Who even plays on WOW?

Uhm, I guess he does? And if a mod fixed that, I assume a lot of people too.
DarioEMeloD

Postby Ceazar » Sun May 18, 2014 8:23 am

Zarythe wrote:Who even plays on WOW?

derp character limit

erm... me :D
yeah this kinda bothers me now and then... but i kinda getting used to it, so i won't activate the special in mid air.....

EDIT: this still happens in the old versions btw...
Ceazar

Postby Tethys » Sun May 18, 2014 9:04 am

Hmm, well it's pretty silly to need to argue/justify that an obvious bug should be fixed, however the reality is that there's a considerable minority of people who use the WOW camera as their main camera.
Tethys

Postby Foxen » Mon May 19, 2014 1:41 am

Yeah, I've always seen this as an issue. It throws my game off so bad, that I'd prefer to play a version where it is fixed than a version with new content.
Foxen

Postby Array » Mon May 19, 2014 5:21 am

A lot of updates ago (I forgot which one in specific) Feng added a feature where you could use your special in WoW mode without having to assign it to a different key. He made it so that you could go backwards and attack at the same time and if would trigger special. Dunno about the other ones though, and I think the being able to use right click for special is a bug. Pretty sure the backwards + attack isn't a bug, though.
Array

Postby Foxen » Mon May 19, 2014 5:36 am

If it isn't a bug, it's a terrible feature that is a detriment to the players of the camera type. It could easily be removed like it has been in certain modded clients of the game. The issue with the backwards+attack triggering special is not only that it activates your special in mid-air, but it won't let you attack at all if your special is uncharged. At the very least it should be made toggle-able, in case there is someone out there who actually enjoys it. (Also Array, I'm not sure what magical update you are referring to, but I don't think I ever saw that one)
Foxen

Postby Tethys » Mon May 19, 2014 6:18 am

Array wrote:A lot of updates ago (I forgot which one in specific) Feng added a feature where you could use your special in WoW mode without having to assign it to a different key. He made it so that you could go backwards and attack at the same time and if would trigger special. Dunno about the other ones though, and I think the being able to use right click for special is a bug. Pretty sure the backwards + attack isn't a bug, though.

Yeah, I understand what you mean, it's been in game for as long as I've been playing as far as I can remember.
Because the Default key for 'Special Attack' is the Right Mouse Button and because the WOW camera requires the RMB to move the camera it was decided that it would be a good idea to make it so that S + LMB = Special Attack on WOW.
The fact is though that this feature is very misguided. We already have the capacity to re-assign our Special Attack to whatever we want. And so even if 'S + LMB = Special Attack' wasn't massively inconvenient it would have been a meaningless and unnecessary gesture because we already have the capacity to reassign SpecialAttack to wherever we want it anyway.
As it happens however, it IS massively inconvenient. And so WOW users are stuck with their Special Attack assigned to wherever they personally want it AND an entirely unwelcome forced Special Attack that triggers when S + LMB are pressed.

Should be removed.
Tethys

Postby Tethys » Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:44 pm

Can I bump this or something?
"Bug" or not it's nothing but an unnecessary and entirely non-functional hindrance to the vast majority of people who play WOW camera.
I'd really like to be able to use a character other than Jean.
Tethys

Next

Return to Bug Reports