Double Respawn

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Double Respawn

Postby Ceazar » Sun May 18, 2014 8:15 am

Looks like a lot of bugs occurred after the update so heres another one, definitely needs some fixing
ok... the change character thingy is kinda broken lol. heres what happened.

I changed character once then decided to switch and accidentally pressed T again... then i picked another one
what happened after that? Well... double of myself and the spectator camera in me while controlling both characters WUT :shock:
when the other character dies the other one dies too......

EDIT: might be fixed if you quit and join, or host change
Ceazar

Re: Double Respawn

Postby X-GoldXx » Sun May 18, 2014 10:07 am

Kinda like this ?
Spoiler:
X-GoldXx

Postby Ceazar » Sun May 18, 2014 11:16 am

X-GoldXx wrote:Kinda like this ?
Spoiler:

Yea kinda like that, two separate places at a time... When the one dies the other one does too. did that happen?
Ceazar

Postby BSC » Sun May 18, 2014 3:00 pm

It's actually pretty fun playing this :)
And of course it's logic-breaking to a degree in the game, but not game-breaking.
Pros: Can have multiple instances and hence can attack separate areas.
Looks cool.
Cons: Die easier
Requires char syncing with ropes on tree

I reckon we should have an official "Double" map cause this is honestly a really cool thing to play with :P

If you want to recreate this effect you need be on first round of Forest III if you're not the host or [M]. Press T, choose another char and when the round ends, you get a double. Host can do this on any round as he can press respawn on any round unlike non-host.

As I said, this isn't game-breaking, just logic-breaking and if anything, makes the game more fun, though not in an intended way.
An admin should review this thread.
BSC

Postby Terminus » Sun May 18, 2014 4:10 pm

Immediately after this, I got ran over by a crawler and it counted as 2 deaths.
Terminus

Postby Array » Sun May 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Thought I was cool finding this out by myself, but yeah I wrote a "little" tutorial on how to do it.
I got this too
http://i.gyazo.com/969d2d2a24d887cb4946a16a1a3fc097.png

Tutorial:
Before you start: This needs to be done on Forest III with 2 or more people, and the other players should be able to solo waves 1-5 on normal (or just work together to finish if you have more than 1 extra) You need two or more people because this bug involves the new character change feature.
So here we go.
Step 1: On Wave 1, after you've picked your character and spawned in with your other players, press "t" to kill yourself and go to the character selection. You might need to adjust the camera so you can click on all of the options. Now wait on the character select screen until your other players finish Wave 1 and your character respawns. (Yes, your character will respawn even though you are on the selection, but the camera will be set to spectator mode so it won't be focused on your character.)
Step 2: Once Wave 1 is finished and your character has respawned, pick another character in the character selection screen (it can be either the same or a different character), and wait for the other players to finish Wave 2.
Step 3: Once Wave 2 is finished, the character that you picked in selection should have spawned, leaving your first character in the map, too. Now both of your characters are in the game and will respond to all of your movements, no matter how far away. When you press the special button, both characters use their specials if the cooldown is done. When you jump, both characters jump. Every single command is copied over.
Array

Postby TheGreatJedi » Mon May 19, 2014 12:06 am

Array wrote:Thought I was cool finding this out by myself, but yeah I wrote a "little" tutorial on how to do it.
I got this too
http://i.gyazo.com/969d2d2a24d887cb4946a16a1a3fc097.png

Tutorial:
Before you start: This needs to be done on Forest III with 2 or more people, and the other players should be able to solo waves 1-5 on normal (or just work together to finish if you have more than 1 extra) You need two or more people because this bug involves the new character change feature.
So here we go.
Step 1: On Wave 1, after you've picked your character and spawned in with your other players, press "t" to kill yourself and go to the character selection. You might need to adjust the camera so you can click on all of the options. Now wait on the character select screen until your other players finish Wave 1 and your character respawns. (Yes, your character will respawn even though you are on the selection, but the camera will be set to spectator mode so it won't be focused on your character.)
Step 2: Once Wave 1 is finished and your character has respawned, pick another character in the character selection screen (it can be either the same or a different character), and wait for the other players to finish Wave 2.
Step 3: Once Wave 2 is finished, the character that you picked in selection should have spawned, leaving your first character in the map, too. Now both of your characters are in the game and will respond to all of your movements, no matter how far away. When you press the special button, both characters use their specials if the cooldown is done. When you jump, both characters jump. Every single command is copied over.

Eren's Kagi-bunshin no jutsu
Two titan Eren
TheGreatJedi

Postby Array » Mon May 19, 2014 12:14 am

@TheGreatJedi I thought about that for a moment xD
Array

Postby NukoMiko » Tue May 20, 2014 8:50 am

NukoMiko

Postby Xeno » Thu May 22, 2014 4:11 am

i did this with every single character. You can't just do this with only 1 clone, you can do it with any amount. It gets laggy though. Titan Eren army FTW.
Xeno

Return to Bug Reports