Long-Range hooks?

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Long-Range hooks?

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Fri May 30, 2014 11:50 am

Ok, so in the most recent update, speed now effects hooks. We all know that by now. But (not sure if this is a genuine bug or not) now that hooks are based on speed, the faster you go, the further hooks actually go now. So, instead of the average 120, going at higher speeds makes your hooks able to reach much further. At least, that's from what I've seen.
MJRmasqu3rade

Re: Long-Range hooks?

Postby Accelevi » Fri May 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Well apparently it throws your hooks forward.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Fri May 30, 2014 7:31 pm

This happened even before the update. If you get in the 120 range before your hooks get to the target, you will hook to the tree/building/etc.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Terminus » Fri May 30, 2014 7:39 pm

Math

Yeah, hooks go extra distance now, since they have a greater starting velocity while in the air. Also, the cables go up to 122 distance now.
Terminus

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sat May 31, 2014 12:51 am

Yeah, but after testing it with Levi, the hooks can go to ridiculous lengths really. :/ I was flying around at high speed as Levi, shot at a tree that was 160 feet/meters/whatever away from me and I was moving away from it and the hook managed to make contact with it.
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby TheGreatJedi » Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:40 pm

Very sophisticated read at your own risk
Air speed is now related to your hook speed
I tested it
The faster you are the longer the hooks can reach

even if its at 200 it can still connect since your hook speed is now as fast as your character
therefore there is no limit as long as you are that fast
And i mean it

That is because the hook has its animation not length limit

and this can also shrink your length limit if your hooking the opposite direction of where you are moving

Somehow it feels related to your hook disappearance time
since hooks travel and disappeared if not connected
therefore the faster your hook the longer it travel before it disappear

In short Hooks must not have animation as its base length but length limits
TheGreatJedi

Postby Ikaros » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:18 am

This can mean that if you are going at 120ft/s + hook speed, you cannot fire backwards and hit anything
Ikaros

Postby TheGreatJedi » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:34 am

Ikaros wrote:This can mean that if you are going at 120ft/s + hook speed, you cannot fire backwards and hit anything

sometimes it will hit sometimes it won't
Its kind of like a bug. where your hooks shrink but sometimes won't
I see it happened i hit it when it was about to disappear it suddenly hooked
TheGreatJedi

Postby Noodler » Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:27 am

Annie Leonhardt wrote:This happened even before the update. If you get in the 120 range before your hooks get to the target, you will hook to the tree/building/etc.

It certainly didn't work like that.

I'm assuming it always flies for x seconds. With the new system, it can fly faster in those seconds, so they reach very far.
And you can shoot your hooks behind your just fine, otherwise my air spiral style wouldn't work at all.
Noodler

Postby TheGreatJedi » Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:38 pm

Now that i think about it Long range hooks are not bugs except that over 120 limit

when your character is moving fast so does your hooks
then the thing where your hooks came from will also move therefore lengthening the hook range in the direction you are moving so its like your hooks can go further the further the 3DMG goes

its like
Includes Equations
Character speed + Base hook speed = New hook speed
3DMG position + 120 in cursor length = Maximum range
3DMG final position + 120 length = Final Range your hooks can reach
Character position after the hook animation + 120 length = Maximum range from the initial position to the final position
your position is 210ft away from your hook target. Your moving 20ft/s. hook animation time 5 secs(Sample)
20ft/s x 5 secs = final position after hook animation (100ft)
Final position after hook animation (100ft) + (120ft) (Hook base range) = Maximum range your hooks can reach (220Ft) Therefore it will connect
But the bug is hook range should shrink when hook at the opposite direction (I kinda like this bug so i wish it wasn't fixed) same as the equation above except it will deduct
TheGreatJedi

Next

Return to Bug Reports