Player Crawlers are disadvantaged

╮(╯_╰)╭ ok...I know there're tons of bugs....( ̄▽ ̄)~*
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Player Crawlers are disadvantaged

Postby dinodan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:16 pm

1. The ''tire'' system or ''endurance'' system or whatever its proper name is...it's unbalanced.
The reason is because Player Crawlers cannot kill by ''running over'' people. So the only option would be the jump attack, which doesn't do well in combat unless a player is against the wall.
Mix these problems and what do you get? A titan that is almost impossible to kill...but also impossible for it KILL. The endurance bar and the jump attack waste a lot of energy, and a player crawler will run out in about 60 seconds (just a guess not a fact). Thus making it NEARLY impossible to kill players, ESPECIALLY on flat maps, so they are completely useless.

Feng needs to fix this problem when he comes back.
I made a few mistakes so ye...
dinodan

Re: Player Crawlers are disadvantaged

Postby MJRmasqu3rade » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:21 pm

should this really go in the bug report section? O.o
MJRmasqu3rade

Postby dinodan » Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:25 pm

MJRmasqu3rade wrote:should this really go in the bug report section? O.o

Well I couldn't find a section good enough for this one....so i'm either stupid or this was the right choice
dinodan

Postby Connorhere » Mon Jul 14, 2014 9:51 pm

It's not really a bug it's just how they are tbh. Crawlers are kinda devastating if you don't know how to deal with them, but Player-Crawlers are ridiculous, plus they don't have a walk animation so their stamina bar is ridiculous. I feel like they need a longer stamina bar because the few times i've played as a crawler the bar went down in maybe 20 seconds and i didn't really get anywhere. Also yeah they're kinda useless in combat.
Connorhere

Postby dinodan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:13 am

Connorhere wrote:It's not really a bug it's just how they are tbh. Crawlers are kinda devastating if you don't know how to deal with them, but Player-Crawlers are ridiculous, plus they don't have a walk animation so their stamina bar is ridiculous. I feel like they need a longer stamina bar because the few times i've played as a crawler the bar went down in maybe 20 seconds and i didn't really get anywhere. Also yeah they're kinda useless in combat.

Exactly. But thing is getting a crawler is exceptionally rare, so thats why I think they should add hitboxes to their bellies and faces.
dinodan

Postby AirZ » Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:13 am

dinodan wrote:
Connorhere wrote:It's not really a bug it's just how they are tbh. Crawlers are kinda devastating if you don't know how to deal with them, but Player-Crawlers are ridiculous, plus they don't have a walk animation so their stamina bar is ridiculous. I feel like they need a longer stamina bar because the few times i've played as a crawler the bar went down in maybe 20 seconds and i didn't really get anywhere. Also yeah they're kinda useless in combat.

Exactly. But thing is getting a crawler is exceptionally rare, so thats why I think they should add hitboxes to their bellies and faces.

Hitbox to their bellies?
You can kill people with a player crawler by correctly jumping on them (similar to player jumpers).
But it should indeed get a killbox on their faces. munchmunchmunch
AirZ

Postby Ceazar » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:07 am

Well i kinda noticed this also at the City maps, they are pretty easy to kill once they are out of stamina.
(pretty much every titan does) For crawlers maybe just add this

dinodan wrote:

just like the Jumpers flop. Or just add more stamina to the crawler,
but keep the hitbox. (debatable)
Ceazar

Postby dinodan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:34 pm

AirZ wrote:
dinodan wrote:

Hitbox to their bellies?
You can kill people with a player crawler by correctly jumping on them (similar to player jumpers).
But it should indeed get a killbox on their faces. munchmunchmunch

Well by their faces then. But it's hard to aim for moving players you know and you don't always flop on them, and since player crawlers run out of stamina so quickly they are pretty much useless.
dinodan

Postby dinodan » Wed Jul 16, 2014 4:13 am

Yep crawlers really do need killboxes on their heads.

Seriously I can't defend myself once I run out of stamina and even when I have stamina I can barely kill anyone.
dinodan

Postby higurashimerlin » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:51 pm

Crawlers can't really kill anything and can't be killed because they just keep jumping.
higurashimerlin

Next

Return to Bug Reports