I Need Hosting Assistance From People That Are Not In the US

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

I Need Hosting Assistance From People That Are Not In the US

Postby jahob000 » Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:13 pm

So I have an AOTTG grooup on Skype with over 50 People. You can see the details of my server here.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=7072

Most of them are from the USA. However I also have people in the group that are foreign to the USA which kinda sucks for them for two reasons.

1.) Our time zone differences are too great. Their afternoon time is either the middle of the night or early morning for us. In which case most of us are either still sleeping, going to school or going to work.

2.) Even if our time allows us to play together once in a while, their ping is so high up because of their distance that they can't even play a decent game without having severe lag.

Some countries naturally have low internet speeds so that makes it even worse. I have someone in the group who's ping spikes randomly from 500 to 1000.

So this thread is to request people that are NOT from the USA who ALREADY have hosting capabilities. This way, people from other countries in my group can at least have someone to play with. Of course you won't have to host for 50 people. Like I said, most are from the USA. I think we have about 15 people that are foreign. You won't even have to host for that many since they won't all be on at the same time.

So pretty much our group will have two sides, one where time zones have a difference of 1-4 hours and another where time zones are 5 hours or more from the USA's time zones.

In the past I've tried to compensate by staying up late so they can play but I couldn't do it forever and I can't do it now or in the future either, since my time is now occupied a little more.

If you want to give our group a hand but don't know how to host yet but want to learn so you can help out, then check out my tutorial here.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7278

So if you are outside of the USA and have hosting capabilities and want to help out, then you MUST do one of three things

1.) Reply in this Topic Thread saying you have hosting capabilites

2.) PM Me with your IP and Port information (Must have Skype)

3.) Message me on Skype with THIS MESSAGE: "Non-USA. Here to help out." and send IP and Port along with that message.

I have to keep track of everyone in my group that can host so I can know the group host to play ratio.

My Skype username is Jahob000

Thanks in advance to anybody that wants to help.
jahob000

Re: I Need Hosting Assistance From People That Are Not In th

Postby Doge » Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:59 am

I think this a great idea, jacob! ^^
Doge

Postby jahob000 » Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Yeah but ideas don't work unless people wanna do it.
jahob000

Postby Doge » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:12 am

jahob000 wrote:Yeah but ideas don't work unless people wanna do it.

True, but sorry. I have a terrible internet and I live in south-east asia. :(
Doge

Postby Azure Sky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Would this be default hosting, or through something like hamachi?
Azure Sky

Return to Help Section