Formations and tactics Creator

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Formations and tactics Creator

Postby pallmall1 » Mon Jan 06, 2014 12:47 pm

Fuginotory wrote:I've had this scouting idea for a while now, I've even used it with my friends and it has had great success so far. It's basically a simple and less annoying way to find the last one or two titans that get lost.

I made this up to use with my friends, but now thanks to this tactics creator I can put it into a diagram, so I thought I'd share it. It's not much, but it works better and faster then everyone just looking wherever they think it might be.

Short Range Scouting Formation + Diagram
This formation works with any size team, but it works best if you have at least 3. Basically, since toward the end of the game most people would be low on gas, and if there is no refill station that could turn out to be a problem, and this is my solution. The formation is simple, one person stands on the central building while the others go to the opposite sides of the map and proceed to scout using the building tops, and running (they use 3DMG only when they need to get from one roof to the other). As the scouts move they constantly send out green flares to inform the others of their position, the central figure uses the vantage point to try and keep the formation stable (The scouts must try to stay opposite to each other's position, that way they don't both go trough the same path, more scouts means that the central figure would need to make sure they don't get too close to one another, or their effectiveness will be diminished). When one of the scouts sights a titan, they signal with a red flare and everyone can converge on point (if the titan is a type of abnormal, a black flare should follow a second or two after the red one, and they shouldn't be fired one into the other), so even if one gets killed, the others can still get that titan. It takes about 2-3 minutes to scout the entire city this way since each scout has only a portion of the map to run trough, and generally the larger your team is, the faster this thing works. For a 2 man team the there is no central figure, meaning the scouts have to try to keep themselves organized.

It's not needed in forest, as there the titans are easy to find.

It looks a bit complex, but you can clearly see each path. Each path is made so the scouts can return to their original positions, after covering their area. The diagram shows how to execute the formation with 5 people, and I will brake it down for you now.

As the formation initiates, the commander scouts out the central part where the red arrows are, then proceeds to the central building, in the mean time the scouts get into position and wait for a green flare from the commander, then they proceed on their designated path.

The Commander: He makes sure the scouts keep up an even pace, otherwise they will end up together, and the formation will be broken.

The Central Scouts: After covering their area they return to their starting point, and repeat (only if needed). Follow the arrows, and you will see the path they should follow. Usually the central scouts can cover their path twice as fast as the Wall scouts, so they also cover the purple and yellow circles (orange scouts the purple circle, blue scouts the yellow circle) before they return to their starting points (only when executing this formation with 5 people).

The Wall Scouts: After the wall scouts finish their rout, their starting positions are swapped, so purple now follows the yellow path, and yellow follows the purple.

Ideally you will have 5 people for this, but if you don't, you can still use this. Here's how:

2 People: The two people take the purple and yellow positions, and follow the paths, but instead of swapping positions when they cover their designated area, yellow proceeds to follow the blue path, and purple proceeds along the orange path, when they cover these areas, they scout the commander area, if nothing is found, they return to their original starting location and repeat at a slower pace. Since there is no commander to keep an eye on the pace, they will have to keep it controlled themselves.

3 People: Essentially the same as with two people, but there is a commander now. The commander covers his area and takes position, while the two scouts prepare at purple and yellow, when the commander fires a green flare, the scouts follow their paths, then yellow scouts the blue path, and purple covers the orange path, before they return to their original positions.

4 People: Executed in the same way as with 3 people, only this time the forth person covers the orange and blue paths.

If you are not finding any titans, always remember to check outside the walls. you can always send one scout outside, best send the person with the most gas left, you need about 1/3 of your gas to circle the wall completely on the outside, so a Jean would be ideal for the task. Note: Usually titans that wonder outside don't go to the north side, so if you get outside and don't find any titans when you run to the two corners of the map that are nearest to the hole in the wall, you can be 99.9% sure that there are no titans outside the wall.

Thanks for the city map BTW, very nice work, and very easy to work with.

good idea, I will try this out someday
pallmall1

Postby Terramort » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:00 pm

This is so cool! Good job on creating this - I know I'm going to enjoy myself making some formations and tactics. XD
Terramort

Postby AttilaThePun » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:21 pm

Great work! The only other thing I'd suggest is a way to deform the arrows by changing the length and width individually. That way, you could have long, thin arrows or short, fat ones, and use width to indicate speed. It would also let players diagram curves that aren't circles and show turns other than 90 degrees with the curvy arrows.
AttilaThePun

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:27 pm

And a legend maker, so you'd be able to explain what each symbol means, you know, like on maps.
Fuginotory

Postby Terramort » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:44 pm

Fuginotory wrote:And a legend maker, so you'd be able to explain what each symbol means, you know, like on maps.

Oooh, yes, that would be pretty nifty!
Terramort

Postby pallmall1 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 2:11 pm

Update log (7-1-2014):
1. Added a legend maker and Description editor(Suggest by Fuginotory)
2. You can save image only or both image and legend (See video)

AttilaThePun wrote:Great work! The only other thing I'd suggest is a way to deform the arrows by changing the length and width individually. That way, you could have long, thin arrows or short, fat ones, and use width to indicate speed. It would also let players diagram curves that aren't circles and show turns other than 90 degrees with the curvy arrows.

that's too difficult for me :(
pallmall1

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:56 pm

Woah, this is extremely nice, and it's updating fast.
Good work. ^^

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby pallmall1 » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:37 pm

Updated (24/2/2014):
added character avatar:
pallmall1

Postby Fuginotory » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:06 pm

Oh, really cool. I love this idea, now you can actually give out roles. Brilliant!
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:21 pm

mmh
that is sexy

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion