Newbie Post Requirement Lowered

(☞゚∀゚)☞ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You cannot post here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Newbie Post Requirement Lowered

Postby Senpai » Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:44 am

I'll just +wait and see, but I'm leaning more towards 10 posts.
Senpai

Postby Tiddlyfisher » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:03 am

Coming into the forums, I tried to keep my posts qualitative, rather than quantitative, and looking at some of the other one word replies newbies would give, it doesn't actually matter what number you make it, they'll make half assed posts to get out of that section anyway.

5 would at least make it seem like less of a challenge to leave the newbie section, and maybe they'd put some thought into their replies.

Still, I suppose a limit would help, there are always the bunch that make one post and then leave, which is why the limit is still good to have. Among other reasons...

Edit: The post above mine only proves my point. How painfully coincidental.
Tiddlyfisher

Postby Wheaters » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:42 am

BethaBoo wrote:Yay! :D :)
This is probably one of the most ironic post i've ever seen on the forums. We have to find a good balance with the amount of post. If you make it low, there will be a higher chance of someone who will just get past the newbie section and quit the forums a week later. If we make it higher, there is a higher chance of someone who might be stay in the forums being drove away. If I had to choose any number possible I would choose 8 post to get out of the newbie section. just seems like a even balance between the pros and cons of 5 or 10.
Wheaters

Postby Foxen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:46 am

What would the issue be with them leaving the forums, after getting 5 posts, exactly?
Foxen

Postby Wheaters » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:50 am

It's an issue because we are trying to gain members. :p
Wheaters

Postby Foxen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:55 am

Well that doesn't make any sense. If they were going to leave, they'd leave before they got the amount of posts, not the moment that they got into the rest of the forums. If anything, I think that 5 posts would lower the chance of someone becoming too frustrated with post count requirements and giving up on it entirely.
Foxen

Postby Wheaters » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:01 pm

I didn't mean that they would leave right after 5 posts, I meant that there would be a higher chance of someone who would hit 5, get bored of the forums and leave 2 weeks later. Also I'm not sure if I worded it badly or you just got a little confused. I said that making the post count higher would increase chance of people getting frustrated and giving up, not that lowering post count would do that.
Wheaters

Postby Foxen » Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:35 pm

Well, perhaps you misinterpreted my post as well xD I never meant to insinuate that lowering the post count would deter people from sticking around. I was only trying to argue that someone has a higher chance of getting bored when being forced to stay in the newbie section longer, and that if they were going to become bored of the forums, it would happen with or without the 5 post minimum, and thus nothing would be lost in such a situation.
Foxen

Postby EnderKid » Wed Mar 05, 2014 3:58 pm

I'm happy the limit was lowered to 5. 15 seemed like a lot to me, because I try to make sure my posts actually add to the thread rather than just a one liner to get my 15 in.
EnderKid

Previous

Return to Staff Announcements - Where staff only will post