Your Setup!

(#°Д°)just off topic! (°ー°〃)
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Your Setup!

Postby TheRiz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:01 am

what do you guys "battlestations" look like, what do you use to kill titans? i know most of you guys probably just play on a laptop or something but i know theres a few of you guys who have built their own pcs and have reallllllly nice setups.
right now i have a toshiba laptop with a quad core intel-i5 processor clocked at 2.5 ghz, it has an AMD Radeon HD7670M gpu installed (not sure about the vram and clock on that). I'm using and hdmi port on the side of the laptop for a dual monitor setup to a 24" 1080p LED 3D tv (oh the deals you can find after certain holidays). anyways, lets also talk peripherals, last black friday i recieved a ROCCAT Kone Pure gaming mouse (8200 dpi) and a Steelseries 4HD Gaming surface (surface means mousepad :/), recently i got a ROCCAT Ryos MK PRO mechanical keyboard and am enjoying its clickiness very much :3. hope to hear from you guys soon and see the machine which brings down titans! you can post pics here but you dont have to, if you capture something in your image which we're not supposed to see then dont upload that pic, im not responsible if you do something like that. for multiple pictures please use spoiler tags.

if you're wondering why i have all this gaming gear its because my build in-progress is almost complete, this laptop isnt powerful enough for me or some of the games i want to play. The reason its in-progress is because i simply lack the funds to buy my preferred OS and i still need to buy a gpu.

EDIT: typos
TheRiz

Re: Battlestations!

Postby Sylvy » Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:30 pm

Ah, tech talk!

I run a Desktop, custom built it myself. Has a quad-core i7 ivy chip, didn't bother messing with clock speeds, so it's default speeds. 16g of ram, 128g ssd (sandisk extreme), gtx480 nvidia gpu.....

My baby runs so fast XD The only thing is that my room has terrible ventilation, so I can't run dual monitors without my graphics card over heating. I've thought about adding fans, but I decided against it, cause the end result would be the same, my room would just overheat anyways. I live in a small house and my room is really compact. Thought about water cooling, but that's out of my price range and seems like too much work. It's been about 2 years since ive had this set up and it's still running like a beauty :)

If anyone has never experienced an ssd, you should. I highly recommend ssd's. The speeds man... the speeds!
Sylvy

Postby Levvuny » Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:37 pm

I don't mean to brag but
What up
Levvuny

Postby TheRiz » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:05 pm

well this IS the off topic section...
TheRiz

Postby Azure Sky » Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:34 pm

I have a 15" lenovo laptop with an i7 default clock 8gigs RAM and a Nvidia GPU that can run air at 5 fps (lol it can run bf4 at"playable" framerates) a razer naga 2011 edition on an old Rugrats mouse pad from back in the day (too pro for you) and a pair of Giant Hornet head phones from Genius.

I am planning on building a custom pc but the prices are so inflated in my country, because inports... :cry:
Azure Sky

Postby Z.E.D » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:28 pm

Well i'm not that tech savy :
Samsung lapop with 2.4 ghz intel core i3 processor
GPU= Nvidia Geforce 610M + Intel HD graphics 3000

4GB memory , upgradable by 4 more

Basic mouse and stock keyboard

Can Run : Bad company 2, skyrim , Blacklight retribution, BF3 I think, Mass effect trilogy , witcher 2 , Just cause 2
Z.E.D

Postby Accelevi » Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 pm

Razer BlackWidow, Razer Abyssus, 24-inch Mac 2007 with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 gb mem.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TheRiz » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:11 am

my gear is better than the head admin? :o *gasp*
TheRiz

Postby Accelevi » Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:32 pm

I'm not the kind of person to blow money on too much stuff like that.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby TheRiz » Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:03 am

i felt that my pc wasnt powerful enough... well not for my needs anyways, which is why I'm building a new one! :D
TheRiz

Next

Return to Off-Topic