So... what have I missed?

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

So... what have I missed?

Postby Liduso » Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:38 am

Let me just say I last played during the December update.

Which is still the current update... huh.

So, I guess this is kind of conceited, but it's late and I feel like I'm missing something. So let's talk of these elephants.

MAJOR elephant in the room is if playstyles have changed. Zeref I'm looking at you with your best hit of 11547. I haven't seen numbers like that since our buildings looked like a child's blocks. Any new tactics I've missed? So far the most recent one I've gotten my grips on is Equator Cut, despite the fact that reeling is my weakness.

ALTERNATIVE ELEPHANT(s?) is the the fact that we're still on the 12/31 version. What's going on? Concerns about feng and all that, because I absolutely love that man to tears. Also anything else new community wise? Mod list updated that I should know about?

(Was Khally a mod when he held the tournament? Cuz that's the last time I saw him. If not congrats 2 Khally becuz you totes deserve that. Adorbes. Idk I just want to say that, I saw it in an ad.It was an ad with these two old guys in suits. It was really confusing, like what were they even advertising? \He was all "totes adorbes". Then the other guy said something about goats. Can you imagine an adorbes goat? kahwaeii goat-san-sempai notis me)

THE ELEPHANT I'M WORRIED ABOUT REGARDING is all this talk of a "troll update". I tried catching myself up but all I read is "ERMAGERD MAKOTO TROLL 5EVER" (Highly exaggerated) or things of that nature. Who's Makato or Mokoto or Tomato or whatever? Was it a serious blow to the community? What was this troll that got our whole community to unanimously agree we were trolled? Wats going awn?

Minor elephants are mostly on our community and what you've all been up to~. Are we still growing? I'd love to start hosting again when the servers come up college life tho hashtagstruggle Any new pros? Phenomenal discovers in game? Does Cryzies still play because I wonder how good he got if he does. Also, dark souls II is coming out, OOT. :v

So yea, let's try and regard all these lonely elephants if we can, because they're stomping around my brain confusing me. :T
Liduso

Re: So... what have I missed?

Postby Madrauk » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 am

That's a lot of elephants.

Don't know anything about the major elephant, I'm relatively new.

The game isn't on the 12/31 version, I think that's just what it says on the site. There was an update a month later, late January, that's the one we're on.

The troll thing was Makoto, formerly Accelevi, currently Add, pretended to be Feng and posted a fake update with all the things everyone wanted. Rage ensued. It's mostly blown over now.
Madrauk

Postby Xedma » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:32 am

Major Elephant: Zeref used the same glitch concept as Chronus_Lee. However, there is indeed a lot of development in the area of tactics. For one thing, I founded a tactic called yo-yo'ing that has made quite a few people upset because it can yield impressive damages between 1-4k (so far). There are a lot of new techniques suitable for dealing massive damage and/or clean, efficient kills. I highly suggest visiting the tutorials board again and reading through what's there.

Alternative Elephant: reasons and things. Fenglee is keeping in contact with us with his facebook a bit, but it seems he's working on a new server system for the next update. Until then, we manage -_-

Your worried Elephant: Makato was Accelevi. He trolled the forum and people got mad. Successful troll was successful.
Xedma

Postby Senpai » Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:59 am

Well yeah new techinques in the tutorials, yo-yoing was a big one that Xedma founded like he said.

We're in the january update that has the carry the boulder to the wall gamemode, which is pretty messy in a lot of ppl's opinions.

and

Makoto, disguised himself as a perfect clone of feng, he posted update notes in this disguise.

he revealed it was him, people got mad.

feng told him, LOLno, not amused do this again, and you're gone.

that's about it really, now the next update should come this sunday (hopefully) and apparently feng is working on the public servers.
Senpai

Postby Wheaters » Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:04 am

Yo-Yo was invented, making me even MORE irritated that I don't have reel since i'm on a Mac. Makoto is Accelevi and Makoto is now named Add. Makoto logged into feng's account and announced an update, he led people on for a day saying that it is an mistake that the update doesn't work, he finally revealed it to be a troll. People were butthurt and some even wanted him impeached for his "evil" deeds, lol. So thus MakotoMasterTroll had to be put in retirement.
Wheaters

Postby Noodler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:26 am

Cryz doesn't play anymore, and since he refuses to reel he probably wouldn't match players like Endogenesis anyway, even if he is better. You should look at players such as Endogenesis, Gandalf or Tethys if you want to see the very top ones.
Last update was actually 1/24 I believe, but it's still a while ago. We ran into some problems (DDoS), which probably delayed it, but hopefully the next update will be here soon.

We've officially gone under 60 seconds (58) on forest hard, gotten to wave 13 on abnormal alone, wave 20 on hard alone, 22000 total damage on forest normal, and lots of stuff which are unprecedented by the scores from back in the day. Remember when Cryziesx did an awesome 450 seconds on level 1 abnormal? Despite the crawlers which didn't exist back then, we've almost halved his score. His city score was good enough to remain godly through the times, until just recently, though.
As Xedma said, he has invented a technique which helped a lot of people reach 3k damage. The man himself even did 4k with it.
Noodler

Postby Miracle » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:02 am

Air equator is probably the latest popular technique, made famous by Kuma in that previous big tourney.

You could probably see how far air equator and reeling had advanced in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtxXIleZIM
Miracle

Postby Noodler » Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:19 am

Miracle wrote:Air equator is probably the latest popular technique, made famous by Kuma in that previous big tourney.

You could probably see how far air equator and reeling had advanced in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GtxXIleZIM

He utilizes triangling well, but there are better examples of reeling.
I'd rather say this goes so show how incredibly well you can do with little to not reeling.
Noodler

Postby Thirdkazekage » Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 pm

Minor Elephant: "Any new pros?"
- Yeap, I can sum it up in one word: Doge.
Thirdkazekage

Postby Liduso » Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:43 am

Thanks for the quick replies guys~

In regards to the new moves, jesus freaking christ. I was never even that good with reeling, since I tended to try to reel right as my hook landed, but no you gotta wait for the gas to bloody kick in, which for some reason has a second delay when your hooks land on something, so I'd always be late a second and smack into a titan's eye. Any tips on how to properly reel? (inb4 roll mousewheel)

So furthering this, what else have I missed? Have we had more tournaments? Is doge a real player as said by Thirdkaze or is he just announcing the meme?

Any tips for an old player who sucks at reeling?

EDIT : Does this belong in the help section? I thought this was an extremely general topic from a range of things ._.
Liduso

Next

Return to Help Section