What was your first Technique?

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

What was your first Technique?

Postby Pentakill » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:19 pm

Hey Forum people and fellow teetan slayers. I am kinda interested what your chronological order in learning technique is:
I started of with sparrow strike as my first technique. I learned it by looking at a player named O.O. Since then I have never seen that player again. Anyways I really spammed that move and thought:"Hmm, a new technique wouldn't be bad." So I was playing on the public server and met a player named Aero. I asked how he made such directional changes and I found out that there is a reel function. So i practiced it hardcore to get the perfect timing for it and it took like 3 to 4 weeks(bad memory).I didn't really use any technique with it, I just hook to its neck and reeled in to get a "kill". Well that started to get boring too. I started experimenting with the reel more and found out that you can get some nice fly by kills when perfectly timed. I don't know if it is the right technique name but I self-taught the critical equator( I get momentum by hooking on trees and going around them, then after gaining enough momentum, I hook to the titan and reel in sideways and then slash giving me about 1k damage. Well even after that I was still hungry for new techniques and I kinda (without knowing it) learned the vector slash and pall mall strike. I kinda felt satisfied after that. But then (afterwards I joined Gurren Brigade) a player told me about air equators for flawless killing. To be honest air equator were the most agonizing techinque for me to be learned so far. I constantly got stuck and got bitten or grabbed. But I didn't give up and I think now I think I got the hang out of it ;).

So here (if you wanna skip all the text because i am horrible at recounting stories)is a list with the techniques in chronological order:
Spoiler:
Sparrow strike
Reel function
Critical equator
Vector slash
Pall Mall strike
Air equators
Pentakill

Re: What was your first Technique?

Postby Noodler » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:31 pm

I managed to copy Yoru-senpai's overheads with my sharingan, after that I was basically only spamming vector slash for a long period, and actually got very far with that. I probably would be a lot worse of a player if that didn't happen, just freeform reeling is amazing practice, rather than just spamming ground frontals like most people at an average/"good" level do.
Noodler

Postby Xedma » Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:34 pm

My first technique was the 1-hook equator cut, which is still used by many people today. Kinda like a sparrow cut, but not as refined and with only one hook. This was my go-to method for killing titans. That and the cross-arm-dive-attack! (Flinging yourself into the air and then drop into a nape)
Xedma

Postby Levvuny » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:04 pm

My first was the overhead thingy and then I did the slash thingy and then the reel slash thing. (I don't know the names, never needed to.)
Levvuny

Postby Accelevi » Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:18 pm

Um... bait and kill?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Dikasa » Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:15 am

Spam strike :3
But first effective strike I used I think was sparrow
Dikasa

Postby Thirdkazekage » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:48 am

Add wrote:Um... bait and kill?

That's basically mine too, and I still use it until now :lol:
Thirdkazekage

Postby Peanuts » Fri Apr 04, 2014 2:51 am

Bait and kill
1 hook equator cut
Overhead slash
Sparrow strike
Palmall strike/vector slash
Escalator cut (escalator reel and cut xD)
Peanuts

Postby Shirosaki » Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:01 am

Overhead Slash
Sparrow Strike
Full Slash
Aerial Equator Cut
Equator Cut
Traditional Cut
Aerial Full Slash/Flyby
Secret
Shirosaki