Realism vs Gameplay Features

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Realism vs Gameplay Features

Postby Senpai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:47 am

>levunny ai thread= ai needed done
burst
Now gas burst, 1.)first of all this is a game dodge is meant to save your life by moving away from the atk.

If I see a titan will atk me, I dodge, that's the basic idea.

If you move away from the titan before it attacks then you're good, if not you're dead.

hypothetically you should be able to dodge all atks if you see they're about to hit and dodge during the right time, but stamina for ground dodge suggestion, and gas waste for 3dmg will stop that.

The levunny ai thread is srsly why gas burst should just be accepted, If Feng at leasts add the main priorites, that should cover gas burst being OP especially since it insta wastes your gas. for either suggestion feng goes with

ai should get better overall, but when/if it does gas burst shouldn't be shit, that defeats the purpose. Just have it usable to where it's risky, and it doesn't take you out of the battle completely.

>suggests very low burst that he knows won't work to dodge atks, lolwut?
>suggests only two uses of it before running out of all gas.

kinda on the fence about lowering titan insane jump, it will be easy to just swing away from them even without gas burst or using any reeling technique.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:05 am

See, some Titans should just be like "f*** it and f*** your gas burst" and snatch you out of the air if you mistime either way.
If you fire too early, it could just stop and swing the other way and you wouldn't have time to burst again.
And 2-3 is only for hard mode. You shouldn't be using it really anyways. And it would burst somewhat notable (75-100ish depending on character speed in air), which would be enough to clear an attack if you time it ABSOLUTELY perfectly basically. The fact it attacked means it was probably close enough to reach you, meaning uou have about 3/4 of a second window to use it. It would be a very high level tech to use properly. Otherwise you'd just fail and die more.
You should be suffering and dying a lot mostly from those kinds of attacks anyways.

Considering a jumper would reasonably able to reach probably up to at least the spawn branch height if not a good deal higher, and that getting anywhere in that Zone could trigger an attack, how is it too weak? By insane jump height we just mean like jumping to some other galaxy.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:09 am

difficulty scale would help.
I think it would be better for 2 for hard,(new hard, not current one

then 3-4 for normal (current hard=normal)
and have hard have atks fast enough that make you die in 3/4 of a second like you suggested.

then like a second to dodge for normal.

any difficulty beyond hard just no gas burst at all.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:13 am

See, just reduce number of bursts possible and make each burst worth more in cost.
My number 14 back in the previous page on some post details it all.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Miracle » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:39 am

Senpai wrote:
miracle
>implying this is a bad thing, Feng made that intentional, one of his beta testers even showed it to him, and was the one who started.
the whole dodge annie's three slap combo, because that's kind of what a game does, you find out how to beat the enemies, then win.

>implying jumpers can't be dodged, if jumpers couldn't be dodged they'ed be OP, in the anime if they couldn't be dodged it would be GG for anyone.

Gas burst would be fun, and add a lot more things to do with the 3DMG.

Just have titan normal difficulty be able to dodge jumpers with gas burst, and for hard and/or abnormal just have them have like a second to dodge with only one burst since apparently that's fun/balanced/realistic etc.

Edit: I'm pretty sure everyone can agree current hard mode should be called normal, and current normal called easy.

then make a better hard more/abnormal mode.

Well, probably I didn't word it properly. Dodge and Critical Reeling is okay because they have precondition to use it. Gas burst without low usage limitation is just plain OP, and destroy the game by taking away the purpose of hooking. I believe that the current 3dmg should be enough to handle even the new TItan AI if there is any (or you just need to git gud).

Though, gas burst won't be added in the game no matter how much we discuss lol. Feng said that it's not realistic anyway.
Miracle

Postby Senpai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 am

finalburst
Well it's not really that I'm saying we need new moves to make it easier to fight titans.
I'm saying it because it would be fun/more accurate.

>3-4 uses possible only.
>implies hooking won't be used because people opt to gas burst instead.

lolwut? people will just gas burst when they need to dodge an attack, they won't really be able to use it for anything else, unless they decided to be extremely wastful.

I sincerely think it won't be OP at all, and find 2 bursts with 3/4 of a second to escape unreasonable.
It would help with gameplay obviously since people think it'll be overpowered, and just like reeling it'll open up a lot of things to do with 3DMG (see every single move in the tutorial section)

I think it's just nice to have discussion, personally hoping feng will reconsider if not, I can always send a thread like this to zulthus/limyc, and they'll tell me what they think.

the only thing unrealistic thing about the suggestion of gas burst is emptying a gas tank with 2 bursts, but I'm not complaining since that would be decent for gameplay.

Edit: some of the titan ai moves in levunny thread are made to go for gas burst, those moves will be made useless now I guess.
Senpai

Postby Accelevi » Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:21 pm

They could just work for reeling.
Like if you suddenly increase speed/distance from reeling, it would just use like the air snatch or something.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Senpai » Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:01 pm

no not talking about air snatch, talking about insane jump 2.0.
and a couple variations of the jump.

And reeling isn't bad it's just weird imo (uber speed reeling in, super slow reeling out, requirements)

I would of just like reeling in at the auto reel speed tbh, like the manual reel suggestion pretty much (wire stays in place, reel manually in or out at the speed of auto-reel)
Senpai

Postby sexyheichou » Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:17 am

interesting ideas, I would die twice as much though seeing as I'm already pretty bad XD
sexyheichou

Postby Senpai » Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:10 pm

Also on that note about reeling
@miracle/add

1.5-2x-3x waste more gas than normal when you reel? I know canonly to reel you have to use gas, so let's make reeling cost more gas.

(maybe make jeans reeling cost more gas than everyone elses too)
Senpai

Previous

Return to General Discussion