Syrius's Art thread

Post your artworks here~! (๑>ᴗ<๑)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Syrius's Art thread

Postby ocean. » Tue May 20, 2014 10:27 pm

i think for now, it is best to continue observing and practicing ^^ at my current level, i rarely do finished works.. each drawing is a stepping stone that, although valuable, is a result of skill that i hope to make inferior. one of the best thing i learned from sycra yasin is not get attached to things in my sketchbook, like i can crumple it up and throw it away with no hesitation. otherwise, i will get attached to small practice drawings, which will give less time to do more practice drawings!

if there are some things you would like to learn, i would suggest nsio on deviant art.

specifically, here are some tutorials i think you can find useful.

http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Nsio-exp ... -433909986
http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Nsio-exp ... ANsio&qo=1
http://nsio.deviantart.com/art/Nsio-exp ... -402081332
ocean.

Postby Ghosthunter » Tue May 20, 2014 11:42 pm

Syrius wrote:
Adachi Hana
Honestly this is a great manga (Yankee to Megane chan) must read lol

Totally looks like Mari.
Spoiler:
Ghosthunter

Postby Syrius » Wed May 21, 2014 10:49 am

Thank you for the comments and splendid cnc
On note to acclevi, the elongated and angular kind of shapes im producing, I definitely messed up adachi hana's head angling and anatomy and I tend to do more of convex/pointed ends instead of curved lines when it comes to connecting the jaw or defining the cheeks, Idk if that's what you're talking about but I feel like the more angular my stuff is the more I can see my picture in form, maybe it's just a weird habit/style but I'll try and change it around :)

Yeah chitoge's body is weird but I was more trying to go with the art style the artist had with the face/lines that the artist produces, I'll work around the body more intently in future

As for the middle pic, oh damn you're right, I just noticed that when you said that, I need to look over my work more haha jeez.
Anyways thanks for the pointouts, good stuff

Onnn to ocean's stuff
Yea I guess I spend too much time on little works, and I really do feel more attached to it when I really shouldn't. I'll TRY to do more basic stuff and ground my foundation and knowledge more but I'll still keep popping up cleaner stuff from time to time.

Also I've seen some of nsio before, his stuff is really neat, thanks for the links man, I'll definitely read it up and thanks for all the cnc!

Ghosthunter wrote:
Syrius wrote:
Adachi Hana
Honestly this is a great manga (Yankee to Megane chan) must read lol

Totally looks like Mari.
Spoiler:

Haha wow yeah the original char design of each are really similar too, dunno who mari is though, but nice pickup
Syrius

Postby Accelevi » Wed May 21, 2014 6:54 pm

inb4Ghostkillsyou

Mari is from NGE (Neon Genesis Evangelion)

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Syrius » Sun May 25, 2014 9:10 am

My character mindset only branches off from popular/ongoing manga, I don't watch much animeee (if theres a manga for that nge thing I'll seek it out!)

Anyway I've been animating more frequently so I don't get to draw much, but here's something more refined (hurray for less chicken scratching)
Swordthing

I don't draw much fullbody, as in the entire body not just the head, but I feel like I did decent in this one when it comes to the anatomy/pose, if there's any problems you see in it please say!

Also check my da for my anims, link is in my sig (stickfigures)
Syrius

Postby Accelevi » Sun May 25, 2014 1:21 pm

Woah that's really neat.
Good work!

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby ocean. » Sun May 25, 2014 9:52 pm

i think it looks very nice :D

one thing you can improve on is grounding the character in a 3-dimension. the character look good, but doesnt feel natural on the ground. this maybe because below the waist is a slight smaller than it should be, making the eye want to see it as foreshortening, but the position of the body parts are working against it too (i think).

practicing gesture is important (something i need to do much more ;-;) so i suggest studying poses from real life.

also, consider the flow of all things in the picture when the character is moving; what you did with the scarf is good, but it would be better if it get smaller and disappear into the background to show perspective. (i forgot to draw the scarf flowing -_- sorry)
something else to think later of is perspective. im bad at it so i cant show you anything good, but here is an example of dynamic posing with some things i mention into consideration.

http://i.imgur.com/sOeN5cM.jpg
(sorry for poor explanation orz)

edit: dont use my example. i just look now and the pose is very awkward and unnatural. try doing the pose you want to draw in the mirror, and then find where your body makes you stop.
ocean.

Postby Thirdkazekage » Mon May 26, 2014 1:31 am

Chek out this site:http://www.posemaniacs.com/thirtysecond
This will really help you in gesture drawing and you can also reference from these too :D
Thirdkazekage

Postby Syrius » Mon May 26, 2014 6:58 am

Thank you guys !
Especially Ocean, honestly you are extremely helpful with every post you make

The example pic you drew was actually pretty dynamic to me, well at least I think so, I'm not very well knowledgeable when it comes to seeing flow in a drawing.

Like when I draw I do the things other people (randoms from deviantart) do, like draw a curve line to how you want the figure to flow or quickly scribble it out before actually drawing it. It's when I flesh it all out I'm all like huh, it doesn't look flowy even though it's supposed to, or maybe it does and I just can't interpret it properly? @_@

Also were you doing the coil technique from sycra ? I can see some rubbing outs and a few circles are still there, if you did I think you used it pretty well :P

Thirdkaze I've actually used that site a few times, it's really useful and I sometimes use it when I need to figure how to do extreme angles, thanks though :D
Syrius

Postby ocean. » Tue May 27, 2014 1:45 am

Syrius wrote:Thank you guys !
Especially Ocean, honestly you are extremely helpful with every post you make

The example pic you drew was actually pretty dynamic to me, well at least I think so, I'm not very well knowledgeable when it comes to seeing flow in a drawing.

Like when I draw I do the things other people (randoms from deviantart) do, like draw a curve line to how you want the figure to flow or quickly scribble it out before actually drawing it. It's when I flesh it all out I'm all like huh, it doesn't look flowy even though it's supposed to, or maybe it does and I just can't interpret it properly? @_@

Also were you doing the coil technique from sycra ? I can see some rubbing outs and a few circles are still there, if you did I think you used it pretty well :P

Thirdkaze I've actually used that site a few times, it's really useful and I sometimes use it when I need to figure how to do extreme angles, thanks though :D

yes, i used the coil a little bit to feel out the shape because it didnt look right, now i know it just doesnt look right because the boundaries of body parts are awkward (its still dynamic, just not correct 100%).
and i noticed you might have done that, that is one of best parts of your drawing ^^ keep it up! if you want a lot of dynamics, study Kim Hye-jin's drawing in girl the wilds. minimal details but enough to make the eye understand, and very energetic :)
ocean.

PreviousNext

Return to Graphic Showcase