Rice's Duels and Player Profiles

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Rice's Duels and Player Profiles

Postby TheRiz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 5:09 pm

Hi There! As you are all aware, the Summer is coming up and most of us will be out of school. In that time I'd like to start two series I can record and upload to my Youtube channel. In this series I'd like to feature Duels vs players and interviews with some more notable players.

Please reply to this thread if you're interested or PM me. To avoid this Thread being full of spam, I'd like to have players who may stand near my level or else this thread could be filled with people who just want to be on youtube without having any skill

Requirements
To have a profile made, you must have notable status either on; these Forums, Youtube, or Reddit.

I'll update this post regularly for who has been dueled/interviewed and post them in a spoiler.

EDIT: Took out the duel req's and some other stuff, will be posting in the duel group for that. I will still post the duel videos with the interviews in here, aswell as the player profiles. (also edited a typo)
TheRiz

Re: Rice's Duels and Player Profiles

Postby Mryaccer » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:53 pm

Nice! :O looking forward to this!

some other words
Mryaccer

Postby Connorhere » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:09 pm

This is very vague, idk what you're trying to put together.

For one, what kind of profile? What does it need to have in it? Also what is a "notable status", that seems pretty ridiculous. There are many well-known people on the forum but who says they're brilliant at the game? I'm sure there are lesser known players who have much more skill than forum regulars. There shouldn't be restrictions because people are less active than others, just have them pass a little test like when people wanna join guilds to test their skill. I have nothing to say about Youtube or Reddit considering i didn't know there were all that many AOTTG Youtubers or even a subreddit for the game.

I kinda doubt people would be up for "Interviews", like what is there to even ask.

Also what even are these duels? Are they Player Titans vs Players? Are they whoever gets the most damage? Most kills? Idk what this is asking, tbh.
Connorhere

Postby TheRiz » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:16 pm

well in short, the profiles will be listing average damages and/or Kill Death Ratios, characters they play and more. Profiles will also list certain achievements the player may have etc.

as for what pertains to "Notable", I mean someone whos very active in the community, or very skilled. skilled enough or active enough that everyones seen a post or two by so and so player. I understand not all players use the forums; but that doesn't mean I haven't heard of them. Take Leach for example, He doesn't post on these forums yet almost everyone knows him. They've seen his servers and heard of his expertise. I along with a few others i trust have been watching the community for awhile and have a list of who i want to Interview/duel etc. There is no particular order to who I'll choose first however
TheRiz

Postby Ikaros » Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:31 pm

Connorhere wrote:This is very vague, idk what you're trying to put together.

For one, what kind of profile? What does it need to have in it? Also what is a "notable status", that seems pretty ridiculous. There are many well-known people on the forum but who says they're brilliant at the game? I'm sure there are lesser known players who have much more skill than forum regulars. There shouldn't be restrictions because people are less active than others, just have them pass a little test like when people wanna join guilds to test their skill. I have nothing to say about Youtube or Reddit considering i didn't know there were all that many AOTTG Youtubers or even a subreddit for the game.

I kinda doubt people would be up for "Interviews", like what is there to even ask.

Also what even are these duels? Are they Player Titans vs Players? Are they whoever gets the most damage? Most kills? Idk what this is asking, tbh.

I agree. I for one have been playing the game for a while and i've only just started browsing the forums properly. not to mention i've had my ass handed to me by some people that i've never even seen on the forums.

The lack of detail here is what makes the concept so tacky looking. Some requirements could be something like post count, maybe something like most damage in 30 seconds on a certain difficulty, etc.

I think the interviews should be spared, but maybe some sort of list on the forums somewhere could show details on the person's playstyle, main techniques, characters they use, and main traits such as speed killing or high damage hits, and perhaps a quote or some advice from the person. Building up a load of profiles like that seems nice to have.

As for the duels themselves, i think that duels should not just stick to 1 area, as different people are good in different areas.

Some ideas i have
City/Forest
-most kills
-most total damage
-damage to kill ratio
-highest damage hit
-most kills gotten while the other player is a titan

Forest II
-person to survive the longest

Annie
-most damage dealt to Annie

Edit: I just had an idea for the participants.
People suggest other players in a thread, then a poll is held, and the 2 most voted people each week are selected to duel.
Ikaros

Postby Noodler » Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:41 am

Person to survive the longest?
Half of the top players can solo wave 21 on hard any day at the moment.
Noodler

Postby Ikaros » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:00 am

Noodler wrote:Person to survive the longest?
Half of the top players can solo wave 21 on hard any day at the moment.

meh, it was just a suggestion.

I've thought of a better challenge anyway:
Forest II or III
-every round is a competition, with 3 criteria, most kills, most damage, and highest hit. Every round there are 3 wins (with the exception of ties) in those categories.
-every win counts as a point
-at the end of the game, the points are counted up
-the difference between the biggest hits from each person divided by 100 (and rounded accordingly) is given as points to the person who got the highest damage.
-the person with the most points wins.

if it is forest II, and one player dies, but is in the lead despite the other player getting all the remaining wins, then the other person can try to get a higher hit than them for the rest of the game to try and win.
if it is forest III, each death automatically gives the other player 3 wins, and all high hits that wave for the victim are disqualified.
Ikaros

Postby TheRiz » Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:40 am

well i don't think we should create all sorts of different duel types, lets keep it simple and easy to understand. I'm open to ideas and I know that some players are unaware or not participating in the forums/reddit/youtube etc but i do have connections to lots of people and am watching for potential.
TheRiz

Return to General Discussion