-=PSA=- Annie's Ankles

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

-=PSA=- Annie's Ankles

Postby Xedma » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 pm

STOP TRYING TO ANKLE ANNIE!

First of all, let me make one thing clear. Annie is NOT overpowered. It only seems that way because 99% of you go about fighting her all wrong!

1. Ankles won't kill annie. Only direct hits to her nape will. Yes, knocking her down can help people land a hit, but focusing all your attention on her ankles is a waste of time/effort/lives!
2. Going after ankles is suicidal. Unless you can easily ankle her, you will to get hit by her leg sweep or slap. Not might, WILL! It's just a matter of time.
3. Going after ankles is a waste. All that time and effort spent on knocking her down and for what? 1 maybe 2 people land up to 300 damage? (speaking with averages)
4. Going after ankles is distracting. Every time annie does a leg-sweep, she makes herself much harder to hit for anyone going directly for her nape.

The question has been brought up, "why bother? If it isn't broke, don't fix it. Ankling works fine for me, why should I change?"
Does ankling almost always work for you? In Normal, yeah. In Hard, maybe. In Abnormal, not a chance. You should change your tactics for this reason. Ankling isn't effective in higher difficulties.

So now you're all probably wondering, "Well if we can't knock her down, how are we ever going to hit her nape?" It's called PRACTICE! Swing around trees at nape height, hook her nape directly, do fly-by's, yoyo her, it doesn't matter! All of these methods not only actually hurt her, but they are A LOT LESS SUICIDAL! Find a method that works for you and practice with it.

Just remember this:
If you never leave your comfort zone, you will never improve.

THIS PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT BROUGHT TO YOU BY THE ANNIE FIGHTERS ASSOCIATIONthere is no AFA, but still

Edit: If you're new to this topic, don't bother reading the comments. It's an argument about whether or not this post should even exist. Those arguing probably didn't even read the first post beyond their first glance.

I made this PSA to bring awareness to the dangers of relying on ankles and to help you to focus on Annie's nape rather than her ankles! I didn't make this to tell everyone HOW to fight her, I made this to help convince you to start experimenting with and adapting your own techniques to Annie.
Last edited by Xedma on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:49 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Xedma

Re: -=PSA=- Annie's Ankles

Postby ToxicPaste » Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:59 pm

ankling is useful m8, if you do it right you can kill her pretty quick. i dont see how noobs are supposed to kill her otherwise. unless you want them to sit and watch as you yoyo her over and over again.
Last edited by ToxicPaste on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ToxicPaste

Postby Xedma » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:03 pm

ToxicPaste wrote:ankling is useful m8, if you do it right you can kill her pretty quick. i dont see how noobs are supposed to kill her otherwise.

By trying new things and not depending on a method with a seriously high fail rate. Noobs aren't consistent anklers like you.
Last edited by Xedma on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xedma

Postby ToxicPaste » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:05 pm

Xedma wrote:
ToxicPaste wrote:ankling is useful m8, if you do it right you can kill her pretty quick. i dont see how noobs are supposed to kill her otherwise.

By trying new things and not depending on a method with a seriously high fail rate. Noobs aren't consistent anklers like you.

baby steps, soon they will be. im an experienced player, and it takes me forever to do any sort of damage to her nape just swinging around, i dont see how you expect noobs to do the same.
ToxicPaste

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:09 pm

Like I said in our Skype group, this kind of thing is pointless.
Let people do as they want.
If they want to get better, and assuming players like you are playing, then they'll probably ask.
So direct them to the forum/tutorial section.

Otherwise, leave them alone.
Simple as that.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I just had to fight within my own guild to get this topic unlocked ... if anyone BESIDES my guildmates wants to reply, feel free. I'd like the opinions of players who aren't already satisfied with their current skills.
Xedma

Postby xRivailution » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:27 pm

I keep trying to yo-yo with all the freaking add-ons you provided but I fail and its pointless.

Unless you wanna go for Trad cutting her, ankling is the only good way.

Not only does yo-yo make you over-use it, but its also kinda cheap.

You keep scrolling up and down all day long just to land on damn hit, I prefer using her ankles or trad cutting.

In then anime they all got fu**ed up trying to beat her, only Levi was the one who was able to knock her down.
xRivailution

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:35 pm

Going directly to the nape it simple and more fun. I don't see how newbies can improve my aiming for the ankles. Most of the players go for the ankles first, that's why I only play alone against Annie.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Connorhere » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:39 pm

Going for the nape is definitely a bit more fun, and it's slightly more unpredictable considering you're actually up in the air flying about, but you're often yo-yoing around a lot without much succession and sometimes you just smack into Annie herself and lose all your momentum and possibly your life.

Going for the ankles is definitely not ineffective, it's easy for many people to just dodge through her slaps and lowkicks and grab onto her ankle without much failure, but that easily get's really tedious and boring since you're not even using your 3DMG so it's kind of linear and uninteresting.
Connorhere

Postby xRivailution » Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:42 pm

Playing vs Annie in Multiplayer is hell.
xRivailution

Next

Return to General Discussion