Hooked Gas Boost - HGB Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Hooked Gas Boost - HGB Tutorial

Postby Zarythe » Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:08 am

This is a tutorial on a new Evasive move i invented in aottg, it uses the new Gas Burst, but instead of an burst, it gives you a swift boost in speed and is really helpful for gaining speed quickly. Especially if you are completely still.

If you dislike it or like it. Feel free to share your opinions here.

Thanks~
Zarythe

Re: Hooked Gas Boost - HGB Tutorial

Postby KDZ » Fri Aug 01, 2014 9:28 pm

I gotta say i am not used to letting go of w while i'm hooking something so i instinctively let go of q/e and i end up doing a regular gas burst, will keep practicing though :)
KDZ

Postby Xedma » Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:45 pm

This is a good technique! Thanks for sharing!
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Sat Aug 02, 2014 1:48 am

Am I the only one who doesn't use gasburst yet?
And this seems really useful, although I'd probably use it more for getting timing of traditional/correctional cuts right (like if I need to be just a little bit further ahead at that exact moment to get the kill, otherwise it moving out of position or whatever).

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Ghosthunter » Sat Aug 02, 2014 3:39 am

Well gas burst is quite useful for multitude of things so i'd suggest you start using it.Aside from it's original purpose it can be used to dodge attacks,cancel Mikasa's special,can be used for flight direction corrections and can be used to increase speed much more quickly with the technique shown above.
Ghosthunter

Postby Noodler » Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:06 pm

Yea it's nice other than the whole part of accidentally using it, but the gas cost is a pain in the ass.
Noodler

Postby Zarythe » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:12 pm

The gas loss part is literally the only down side, but that's what makes it balanced so it's okay i guess-
Zarythe

Postby Noodler » Sat Aug 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Yea but reloading/filling is one of the main things that bore me, so I don't wanna use gasburst.
Noodler

Return to Tutorials