CHANGE TO MOD RULE

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: CHANGE TO MOD RULE

Postby fenglee » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:28 pm

Innti wrote:It replaces fengs game from loading by using the modded version. You just repack it into a unity3d file and change the jquery function.

So it will allow people to use mods and still be on the webpage. Also will let mac users have mods without using workarounds since its the webplayer file.

I think that would let mods like that to be linked since they are still supporting Feng by letting Feng still have the ad support.

Been showing rice how to make a GUI menu and use player prefs to save user inputted configs to replace the cfg files that Exes use.

it's interesting, though I am concern about the benefit, like I said, it's unfair for modders, and the perfomance on website is really a problem. i hope unity5 will fix this.
Der Tod ist der zeitlose Frieden und das leben ist der Krieg
死亡是永恒的宁静而生就意味着战斗
fenglee
Site Admin

Postby Innti » Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:42 pm

Well the modders that would use that would willingly know they aren't getting any money and are just helping you. It also let's mac users have a mod.

It's just to help you out so you can feel better about the mods ^_^only reason mods exist is because the game exists so thanks
Innti

Postby Suraru » Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:33 am

fenglee wrote:thanks for the idea,but actually I would rather not, because ad revenue comes from clicking the ads, you open the browser and do nothing is just a waste of transfer.

Out of all the people that go to the website, most I'm sure use adblock, or just ignore the ads entirely. Any click is probably a misclick. If you're getting paid per click, I think you're getting ripped off. I know most ads will pay monthly to just be added to the cycle. Depending on the site's traffic, they would set to pay more or less, and sometimes pay more to show up more frequently.

Are you sure any ad revenue doesn't include hovering? With the way people play the game, any time they hover over the ad, even if they're in fullscreen, it'll count as a hover and pay you a faction of what a click would give you. But this is an old system, once a website is popular enough, ad dealers start paying based on the frequency they want their ad to show up, and the more traffic you get, the more they'll say they'll pay you every month.
Do I even English sometimes?
"Points hurt, stay pointless!"

OH SHIT MAN! IT'S THE ADMIN!
Suraru
Forum Major

Formerly: Smitty

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 am

So if we only play the game, Feng won't receive any money?
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Accelevi » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:00 pm

That's a complete rip-off, per-ad-click is complete bullshit, to be frank.
Have it on a per-site-visit or a per-hover.
Former option is better imo.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:52 pm

Accelevi wrote:That's a complete rip-off, per-ad-click is complete bullshit, to be frank.
Have it on a per-site-visit or a per-hover.
Former option is better imo.

Per-hover would be the best from these 3 IMO.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Miracle » Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:33 pm

Each click actually generate quite a lot, like 0.50 or so if i'm not mistaken.
Miracle

Postby Terminus » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:05 pm

Miracle wrote:Each click actually generate quite a lot, like 0.50 or so if i'm not mistaken.

Yeah but who is actually going to click on an ad?
Terminus

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:12 pm

So what you're saying is... If we spend five minutes clicking and refreshing the page for new ads each time... We'll be sending money to Feng? :lol:
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Sylvy » Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:32 pm

Nothing good comes from clicking ads. x.x
That's a poor source of revenue. I'm sure I'm not the only one that avoids clicking on ads.

Do like accel said. Per visit is the best way to go.
Sylvy

PreviousNext

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!