Legitimate Damage Techniques

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Legitimate Damage Techniques

Postby Miracle » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Any damage that don't abuse the game bug is considered legit damage. Yoyo isn't impressive after being used by many people, but it's creativity deserved to be respected. There shouldn't be any discrimination against skill that require much setup, because it will hinder creativity, and going maximum efficiency to kill the titan asap isn't the only way this game should be played.

The high damage using titan's speed, that received much hate in the english community, should be considered legit too (jumper's method).
Miracle

Postby Xedma » Sun Sep 21, 2014 4:02 pm

Miracle wrote:The high damage using titan's speed, that received much hate in the english community, should be considered legit too (jumper's method).

If we consider that legit, then we all lose!
Spoiler:
Xedma

Postby Lyve » Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:13 pm

Xedma wrote:
Miracle wrote:The high damage using titan's speed, that received much hate in the english community, should be considered legit too (jumper's method).

Spoiler:

I can do that, here, hold my potato.
Spoiler:
effing jumper's speed bug man. I don't think we should consider that particular bug legit dmg since it's dependant in luck unless someone can prove that it's possible to get them whenever you want.
Lyve

Postby Array » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 pm

Xedma wrote:

Spoiler:

Lol I've nailed a 10k like this.
Spoiler:
Array

Postby Miracle » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:48 am

Xedma wrote:

Spoiler:

It's legit only in that version, but not in this version. Different version has different mechanic which result in different maximum score. Also, Feng had never considered jumper's speed as a bug, the only reason that you can't do it in newer version is that Feng changed the AI of jumper.

Lyve wrote:effing jumper's speed bug man. I don't think we should consider that particular bug legit dmg since it's dependant in luck unless someone can prove that it's possible to get them whenever you want.

Also, being lucky in getting high damage would still be legit, there is no reason to treat a lucky score as invalid after all. We are talking about high score here, not repeatable high score.

Going as far as cooperating with another people, luring the jumper to maximum speed, and getting an extremely high damage is still legit highscore. It's your hardwork in performing it after all, without any mod or cheat.
Miracle

Postby Lisbeth » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:17 pm

Innti wrote:For legit damage, any damage is legit damage. I'll let you onto a little secret, the best way to get the highest damage without a mod is by going...really....really fast. The reason why yoyoing isn't impressive (and why that some don't consider it "legit" damage)is because you don't have to swing in and out of obstacles to get that damage. Meaning someone with basic skill can get really REALLLY high damage without anything else impressive about them, if they resort to using yoyos they should just go all the way with being lazy and just use a damage mod. With yoyo it negates needing to be skilled at maneuvering (other then how xedma uses it to own annie....he is manuevering between trees because is scroll out his amped).

I heavily dislike open field Yoyo's as well. I prefer to fly around at about 2.5k speed around Forest, not really aiming for a titan, and I'll just do quick Combat Yoyo (Proxima ;u; lel) in the trees and move on. I don't really aim for titans, I just wait around for a good opening and happen to build up speed as well.
Lisbeth

Postby Miracle » Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:48 am

I partially agree with what Intti said about any damage is legit and yoyoing isn't impressive (except when Xedma first demonstrated it). However, I don't really agree that newcomer shouldn't try to get HIGH damage with yoyo. I mean, they can learn it, try to get it a few time, just don't over rely on it such that you don't improve anymore.
Miracle

Postby Innti » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:47 am

I am happy to announce that I'm leaving aottg forums because my life goal is complete.Mira-chan agreed with me. Life is complete.
Innti

Postby The Rogue Titan » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:49 am

Innti wrote:I am happy to announce that I'm leaving aottg forums because my life goal is complete.Mira-chan agreed with me. Life is complete.

rip. innti. we will miss u. good luck on ur alpha as fuck endeavors
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Sylvy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:58 am

Innti wrote:I am happy to announce that I'm leaving aottg forums because my life goal is complete.Mira-chan agreed with me. Life is complete.

Only partially. You can't leave yet.
Sylvy

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion