Original Camera Slowdown

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Original Camera Slowdown

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:07 am

So, I know not many players play with Original, in favor of TPS, however, does anyone know if turn speed in Original can be adjusted/fixed/sped up/returned to previous turn speed like how with previous versions, since TPS was so widely used, an angle fix was implemented into most mods? Additionally, would it be possible to further distance the camera from the player? Basically, I want the perspective and the relative size and distance of the old Original.
It should also be noted that the player character now sits considerably lower on the screen in the new Original as compared to previous versions. Is there a way to modify this?
Lisbeth

Re: Original Camera Slowdown

Postby Miracle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:33 am

Actually, there are a lot of Original player from Asia, more than TPS. The turn speed is something Feng couldn't optimize in time before going off (had you tried clearing your cache? He updated the game for a higher sensitivity before leaving). I will inform Feng about the camera distance, but I'm not sure about the the player sitting lower problem, probably that's something you have to get used to if Feng doesn't know how to get it back without reverting.
Miracle

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:04 pm

Miracle wrote:Actually, there are a lot of Original player from Asia, more than TPS. The turn speed is something Feng couldn't optimize in time before going off (had you tried clearing your cache? He updated the game for a higher sensitivity before leaving). I will inform Feng about the camera distance, but I'm not sure about the the player sitting lower problem, probably that's something you have to get used to if Feng doesn't know how to get it back without reverting.

I think the position of the character is relatively minor, as it hasn't seemed to affect gameplay or timing, however, with the lack of turn speed and the zoomed in perspective, Original feels slower and heavier than ever. I can't go faster than about 2k speed because the camera can't keep up with it.
(This is also somehing I would like to mention. Would Feng be able to make Original turn speed adjustable? Because even with the old version, I could almost fly around fluently at almost 3k speed but no further due to the limitation of the camera.)
And I play with max. sensitivity already so I was hope long for a speedup rather than a slowdown...
Lisbeth

Postby Peanuts » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 pm

This slowdown helps a lot for me :D since I'm using a trackpad, it's hard for my finger to control the speed of the cursor while playing.
With this reduction in speed, I'm now able to do AE on small titans :D
Not sure about others, but I liked this update.
Now, to just get used to the new camera.
Peanuts

Postby Miracle » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:16 pm

I believe Feng should increase the maximum sensitivity to suit all player too.
Miracle

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Miracle wrote:I believe Feng should increase the maximum sensitivity to suit all player too.

Can't be sensitive enough ;)
Lisbeth

Postby Lisbeth » Thu Oct 02, 2014 2:48 pm

Miracle wrote:Actually, there are a lot of Original player from Asia, more than TPS. The turn speed is something Feng couldn't optimize in time before going off (had you tried clearing your cache? He updated the game for a higher sensitivity before leaving). I will inform Feng about the camera distance, but I'm not sure about the the player sitting lower problem, probably that's something you have to get used to if Feng doesn't know how to get it back without reverting.

So with the 10.2 patch, I've seen that the camera is working amazingly now, and it seems faster as well. However, the placement of the character is still an issue because i often find myself looking down a considerable angle limiting my viewrange. This is one of the reasons i did not play TPS. I liked the centered placement in Original. WOuld Feng be able to fix that? I know it's minor, and I wouldn't mind if it takes a while to get around to.
Lisbeth

Return to General Discussion