Newbie Discussion Thread IV

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Newbie Discussion Thread IV

Postby 41solstice25 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:32 am

Razuhiko wrote:that homing rock needs to go its annoying as f when the rock chases you

this.
Yuvalis wrote:i like the idea of the snap shot but the way its executed is realy bad. the shot needs to get rid of the slashes or reduce them, caz i can never see myself in them, and its alwase half picture titan and half slash effect :(

i don't mind the snapshot, just not as i kill things. once in a while i'll look over them in the menu. looking back at it, i really should have looked over them a minute ago before closing my browser.
41solstice25

Postby Razuhiko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:36 pm

41solstice25 wrote:
Razuhiko wrote:that homing rock needs to go its annoying as f when the rock chases you

this.
Yuvalis wrote:i like the idea of the snap shot but the way its executed is realy bad. the shot needs to get rid of the slashes or reduce them, caz i can never see myself in them, and its alwase half picture titan and half slash effect :(

i don't mind the snapshot, just not as i kill things. once in a while i'll look over them in the menu. looking back at it, i really should have looked over them a minute ago before closing my browser.

yeah i don't mid titans throwing rocks as long as it doesn't chase you
Razuhiko

Postby Pancake » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:17 pm

I completely agree with taking out the homing side of the boulders, they are a bit hilarious when the punks throw them diagonally backwards
Pancake

Postby Pieslander » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:26 am

i actually hate the punks. they just wreck my combo and there is no way to Dodge those rocks... prefer crawlers
Pieslander

Postby Light95 » Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:34 pm

Light95

Postby Yuvalis » Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:02 pm

Light95 wrote:

light you forged a masterpiece.
Yuvalis

Postby Seamoose » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:34 am

Equa wrote:I overall am happy with the update, except the blades. Either than that, it's great. It really makes you change your tactics to deal with them.

I think it needs a lot. It doesn't seem like the AOTTG that I use to play. I think the nape size needs to be bigger as well.
Seamoose

Postby 41solstice25 » Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:42 am

Pieslander wrote:i actually hate the punks. they just wreck my combo and there is no way to Dodge those rocks... prefer crawlers

i don't mind the Punks for the most par, but i think they'd be better for a more dedicated difficult map. as evil as it sounds, it would make their existence more enjoyable for making things crazier as you play. a titan that can snipe you with rocks in the middle of a city or forest is kinda ridiculous. it's like an intelligent Aberrant. doing high damage to them either takes goofy angles and speed or luck. i've only pulled off high damage to them 3 times since they came to the game. it was pure luck i got 1.7k on my second one.

Seamoose wrote:I think it needs a lot. It doesn't seem like the AOTTG that I use to play. I think the nape size needs to be bigger as well.

believe me. the nape size is fine. i managed 2k hits twice today within 10 minutes of each other on City.
41solstice25

Postby InfinitePants » Fri Nov 21, 2014 4:28 pm

41solstice25 wrote:
Pieslander wrote:i actually hate the punks. they just wreck my combo and there is no way to Dodge those rocks... prefer crawlers

i don't mind the Punks for the most par, but i think they'd be better for a more dedicated difficult map. as evil as it sounds, it would make their existence more enjoyable for making things crazier as you play. a titan that can snipe you with rocks in the middle of a city or forest is kinda ridiculous. it's like an intelligent Aberrant. doing high damage to them either takes goofy angles and speed or luck. i've only pulled off high damage to them 3 times since they came to the game. it was pure luck i got 1.7k on my second one.

Seamoose wrote:I think it needs a lot. It doesn't seem like the AOTTG that I use to play. I think the nape size needs to be bigger as well.

believe me. the nape size is fine. i managed 2k hits twice today within 10 minutes of each other on City.

Napes are not fine, I've been hitting 1Ks frequently since the big update (I'm a KDR player so I usually don't try for 2k+), but the napes are definitely still too small. All too many times with this update I slash right as or before I'm at the nape and the blades wreck the nape, but don't hit that special sweet spot right in the middle and I'm stuck swooping back and forth 4-5 times hitting right next to, above or below it, but enough times where it would be decapitated at that point. :evil:

That being said I love everything about the major update except the punk's appearence/class name (makes no sense, very immersion-breaking [no, i'm not saying it has to be just like the animenga!]), homing rocks, spinny-top punks (seriously, you bump into chest or middle of back of a 15m and you may very well get stuck in a punknado), and the blade air-swoosh effect while standing still/running at normal speed. That one's no less silly than the 45 degree reverse-moon-boulder-throw. :roll:

All in all, I think this update's a great step forward with the game and I'll still always love Feng forever :)
InfinitePants

Postby cylic » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:18 pm

In single player, I find the nape size is fine. A bit smaller than what I am used to but not too much trouble.

However in multiplayer mode, the nape size on the tiny titans proves to be difficult to hit (most probably due to network latency so it should be tweaked for online play). I used to equator around the tiny titans without a problem but with these new models, the head is bigger and forces me to create a larger swing around the nape requiring a high degree of accuracy to make sure my equator is close enough for me to slice the nape and at the same time avoid crashing into the head. In online play, this is quite difficult and my last resort is to reel in which I normally do not need to do with equators.

I also do not mind the Punks throwing rocks. I'm actually more annoyed with their arm swinging attack but when the rocks end up with a trajectory like this (at 0:14)...

...it just makes me want to rage. :evil:
cylic

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area