Game Suggestions II

To discuss things if you have 3 posts or less.
- Accelevi

Re: Game Suggestions II

Postby Auvre » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:30 pm

Noinspiration wrote:Maybe it'd be cool/more of a challenge if players get a speed penalty or something when they hit objects in fast speed, bc if you're going like superfast and bump into a tree you can just go ahead like nothing happened which is kinda unrealistic (ok yeah the idea of titans and 3DMG is unrealistic as well bc Anime, i know i know) so maybe have like 5seconds of slower acceleration would be a fun idea ;D?

It is unrealistic but kinda... goes with the canon. :D Remember that scene when Mikasa run out of gas? She fell from the sky and nothing happened to her. Absolutely nothing. :D

bloodstrikez wrote:With only players and titans, the city map always seems so empty. I have a suggestion, how about adding actual npc model running to the north gate? And I noticed the titans often spawn at the same spots, especially in trost mode, it's quite boring, it's possible to add an extra feature where titans are actually coming into the city, it would be more fun to defend eran that way.

Yeah, I thought about it too. It would be awesome if Feng could do that.
Auvre

Postby Alex » Sat Apr 18, 2015 10:04 pm

Accelevi wrote:Hell no to level system.
No, no, and fuck no.

And there's no "must" for anything.

I agree with you.
Not everything is a requirement and not everything is needed within everything.
Alex

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:41 pm

Excuse me.
I would like to suggest a possible revamp of the 'House Fight' mode's map.
Through personal observation via the means of mechanical analysis and the general ideologies of this game, I've found it to be rather difficult and counter-intuitive to the game's design. (Although, this may be due to my only mere competence within this game).
If one's curious to my meaning, here ya go:
Compared to other maps, which contain open spaces that allow for agile traversal without too much obstruction. The House Fight map tends to be one large obstruction which hinders the game's overall idea to movement, whilst also presenting weak amounts of tactical capability, as one can't use the camera to their advantage to peer around corners to identify any threats or risks within that vicinity without the camera being obscured by a wall or something (Although, this is an issue everywhere, but elsewhere, it ain't too much of a concern due to the large space provided).
Possible solutions:
It's probably best to resort to the use of another map, so make a 'House Fight II' with a new map that plays more intuitively to the fast pace and traversal found within this. Such as through the incorporation of a larger space with structure placed to allow for 180 degree turn-arounds or whatever strategy one may opt to that particular time.

(As aforementioned, if this just due to my incompetences and I'm misinterpreting and it all comes off as bitching -which isn't the intention- then just tell me)
Alex

Postby Walter White » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:23 pm

the biggest issue in pvp is the fact that even with more space, ahss players often camp on the ground to have a better aiming making the game boring, and blade players can't usually hit flyby the ahss (almost impossibile) that decide to move around, so blade users ends up waiting for an opportunity to hit while ahss players reload... that's awful beacause encourages ahss players to camp even more, and blade users to use exploits (even if they were meant to be by feng). this mode needs a total revamp in order to be fun for everybody :(
you really need to be playing with people you know to avoid any kind of exploits, and it's still not quite fun because for blade users is hard as hell to hit flyby
Walter White

Postby Alex » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:49 pm

Walter White wrote:the biggest issue in pvp is the fact that even with more space, ahss players often camp on the ground to have a better aiming making the game boring, and blade players can't usually hit flyby the ahss (almost impossibile) that decide to move around, so blade users ends up waiting for an opportunity to hit while ahss players reload... that's awful beacause encourages ahss players to camp even more, and blade users to use exploits (even if they were meant to be by feng). this mode needs a total revamp in order to be fun for everybody :(
you really need to be playing with people you know to avoid any kind of exploits, and it's still not quite fun because for blade users is hard as hell to hit flyby

Oh god, yeah!
Now that you've mentioned it, the Cave & House Fights could really do with a revamp. At this point, it'll likely be better off with a second mode using a new map.
Humanity, as whole, are overpowered. However, the AHSS are just more ridiculous.
Blades' players often have to resort to a grab 'n' reel style or exploit the severe whiff punishment AHSS suffers from -due to reloads- when AHSS can be conservative with their shots (like I am) and either use a flyby or wait for extremely safe scenarios. Like when one is on the ground and it becomes a little skirmish on the ground, then it's simply dodge and shoot.
Possible solutions:
Well, Feng could do an overhaul on humanity as whole. If he was to, I would prefer that to be an option, so old players can play their favourite way whilst all are able to experience a better balanced experience. His overhaul should consist of larger whiff punishment for the AHSS (like a delay in-between shots to prepare the shot -in a style similar to early flintlock pistols) and possibly reduce their overall agility and mobility (as they're essentially Blades but with better reach and a 2-attack then reload style). Also, he should provide more solutions for counters. I saw elsewhere suggestions for Hanji to possess a Net skill, which influenced me to think of Custom Characters. If Feng emphasises the other aspects of his game, he could add counters through skills for custom characters like launching a Net, or setting a mine, etc.
(sorry about the length and inconsistency of this, I'm tired)
Alex

Postby MyNameIsTrey » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:34 am

I think it would be a cool idea for on the outside the walls map, there could be a game type where you could be protecting a wagon of sorts while it moves from one side of the map to the other as kind of an objective point, while as humans, and if you're a titan, the objective would be to get its health down. If you've ever played Smite: Battleground of the Gods, then it is like a siege tower in the arena game mode.
Last edited by MyNameIsTrey on Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsTrey

Postby The Rogue Titan » Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:36 am

MyNameIsTrey wrote:I think it would be a cool idea for on the outside the walls map, there could be a game type where you could be protecting a wagon of sorts as kind of an objective point, while as humans, and if you're a titan, the objective would be to get its health down. If you've ever played Smite: Battleground of the Gods, then it is like a siege tower in the arena game mode.

That would actually be pretty neat. And +points for referencing Smite
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Adept Yato » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:21 am

3DMG would be more realistic if they made another option(settings) in which you can use it with "Q" and "E" normally but the distance from where you shot the hooks remains the same and it only changes with "spacebar" (in which case you come closer to the target). It could probably be used better in the "shift" key since it would add some gas and help go faster to the target. I suggest that because in game you do get closer to the target you shot but sometimes(most of them for me) you just stay at the same distance and that makes it harder to go closer to the titan and kill him!

EDIT: mb, didn't know you could do that with middle mouse b so instead i would suggest to fix the distance of the player when he does circles around the titan. :D
Last edited by Adept Yato on Sun May 24, 2015 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adept Yato

Postby Jazz » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:04 pm

I think it would be nice to see a bigger city and maybe add the hook sound like in the anime.
Jazz

Postby bloodstrikez » Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:58 am

Jazz wrote:I think it would be nice to see a bigger city and maybe add the hook sound like in the anime.

You know.. there is a much bigger and detailed custom map of the city. This is it I think. http://aotskins.com/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=5677 It's so impressive, the default city map looks lame compared to this. If only more people create server with custom map.
bloodstrikez

PreviousNext

Return to Newcomers Area