AOTTG Facts

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: AOTTG Facts

Postby Blizzard2795 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:01 pm

I'm just posting this since I don't think it's been noted, and it's pretty useful. You can blind a jumper mid jump, assuming you hit them before they hit you. Next up will be character speeds in the air/rates of acceleration, since Ghost is a jerk. This one will take some time though, since I'll have to figure out a way to actually do this precisely, not to mention the fact that I'll have to do some research beforehand, since honestly I don't know much about Acceleration. Also, isn't this starting to get a bit off topic?
Blizzard2795

Postby Accelevi » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:05 pm

Yes it is.
Warning to all of you all.
Acceleration?
I'm assuming record/look at frames?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:06 am

Ran into this while working on the acceleration, and I'm sure it's already been noted to some extent, but I don't think it's been to this detail. I'm sure everyone knows how if you try to hook onto something near the limit of the maneuver gear, the hooks will just fall off right away, right? Turns out that actually happens, without fail, every single time you hook something 119 meters away. The instant the counter switches to 118, it'll always work just fine, but no matter what, if you hook onto something 119 meters away, it will ALWAYS fall off. Next time will definitely be the acceleration rates, since I've finally got a good understanding on calculating acceleration, and figured out a way to actually test it.
Blizzard2795

Postby Blizzard2795 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:54 am

Ugh, I don't even care if this is a double post, it's going to take up way too much space to just be added to the last one, and isn't really related to it in any way, and this thing took so much effort that I really don't care anymore xD Anyway, finally done with the calculations for acceleration. I'll start out by saying that Mikasa, Jean, Marco, and Eren all have the same acceleration, and that using both hooks doesn't make you accelerate any faster than using one, it just, for a lack of a better term, has more pull. For example, hooking to a wall with just one hook makes you get pulled along, and go under it, while using both hooks pulls you a lot harder, and makes you go above where you hooked to. Now that those two things are out of the way, time for the main bit of information. Every character but Levi and Armin has an acceleration of approximately 47.5 meters/second^2 while using only hooks, approximately 52.2 meters/second^2 while using hooks and gas, and approximately 23.9 meters/second^2 while using only gas. This means that using hooks and gas accelerates approximately 1.1 times as fast as just hooks, and just gas accelerates approximately 0.5 times as fast as just hooks. As Levi, using just hooks accelerates at approximately 52.2 meters/second^2, same as the rest of the characters while they're using both hooks and gas. Assuming the rates are still the same for him, which there's absolutely no reason for them not to be, using both hooks and gas for him makes him accelerate at approximately 57.4 meters/second^2, and using purely gas has an acceleration of approximately 26.3 meters/second^2. This means that he accelerates approximately 1.1 times as fast as everyone but Armin. Armin, while using only hooks, has an acceleration of approximately 39.9 meters/second^2. Once again, assuming the rates are the same as the rest of the characters, which there isn't any reason for them not to be, while using hooks and gas, his acceleration is approximately 43.9 meters/second^2, and accelerates at approximately 20.1 meters/second^2 while using only gas. This means he accelerates approximately 0.84 times as fast as most characters. Poor Armin is the only character to go slower than the rest, both in the air, and on the ground. Also, can we all agree that Ghost is a jerk for making me do all this? I'm pretty sure I'm out of things to check at this point until the next update, though knowing the slave driver Ghost, he's bound to think of something that I haven't. Oh, and one thing to note, the numbers for Armin and Levi might be off by about .1, which isn't much at all, but worth pointing out. It's due to the fact that I found them by just multiplying their hooks alone rate by 1.1 and 0.5 instead of checking them manually, so the rounding might have messed it up a bit. I manually checked Levi's gas and hook rate, and it was originally off by exactly 0.1, and I think that was the one that I rounded the most, so 0.1 is the most that any of them should be off by.
Blizzard2795

Postby Titan Slayer » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Updated with characters section and intro page.
Titan Slayer

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:25 pm

If you hook on a titan chest, they can't/won't attack/harm you. I tested it many times.
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Foxen » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Aiden wrote:If you hook on a titan chest, they can't/won't attack/harm you. I tested it many times.

I believe this is listed on the list of facts along with a 2nd safe area being on the middle of a titan's back or something to the effect.
Foxen

Postby Annie Leonhardt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Foxen wrote:
Aiden wrote:If you hook on a titan chest, they can't/won't attack/harm you. I tested it many times.

I believe this is listed on the list of facts along with a 2nd safe area being on the middle of a titan's back or something to the effect.

Was this suggested before?
Annie Leonhardt

Postby Foxen » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:18 pm

@Aiden Yes, it's listen on the OP of this thread under "Titan Facts"
It states:
-There is a spot near their ears with a 45 degree inclined backward and upward that you can't be killed in.
-You can't be killed on a titans chest.
Foxen

Postby Levi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Tried the chest, it did the triple hit of doom and got me. The genitalia area is also not safe. The three hit of doom can get you behind.
Levi

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion