Unity Web Player

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Unity Web Player

Postby Khally » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:12 pm

I will just pm with a final reply, I don't want to spam the thread either :)

Let us know what temperature you get with AoTTG and we will help accordingly :P
Khally

Postby TataBlitz » Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:30 am

so I don't want to start a new thread, but until yesterday I played perfectly fine with 2/3 quality on 10 man servers.

Today, unity kept crashing on a 4 man server, so fine I lowered the quality to minimum, still only getting 2FPS.
Thought it was my Internet so I tried playing single player, still only getting 2FPS.

I'm playing on the same server, I reinstalled unity, and I cleared my cache, any other suggestions? This is just out of the blue too, computer is working fine in everything else, or does that mean I have to stop playing this game :cry:
TataBlitz

Postby Fuginotory » Tue Dec 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Ones the game loads you no longer need your internet connection to play single player, you can play as much as you want and it won't matter, I know because I've played that way, and I didn't even realise my internet was down until I tried to open another site.

A few things I can think of right now:
1. Someone might have messed with your PC settings.
2. Have you installed or updated any plugins for your browser lately, I recently had a problem with some unstable plugin that was making my life miserable. You can try another browser, or try disabling the plugins you don't need and see what happens.
3. It never hurts to give your computer a dusting, dust can make your life miserable very quickly.
4. Try disabling the sound. This probably won't help at all though.
5. Make sure it is loading the page properly, if the page does not load properly, the game will not either, and you will have a really bad experience.
6. Any recently installed programs, especially programs that you might have installed prior to the problem occurring might be the problem.
7. Disable any visual themes on the browser, and possibly on windows itself, these things are... I've said it before, no need to repeat myself.
8. Try full screen, I usually get a lot better FPS in full screen.
9. Try pushing the graphics slider all the way to the max, lower graphics some times don't render properly and hinder FPS. I generally get better FPS in the city map and gold level 1 map with maxed graphics, but I need to reduce them a bit for the forest for some reason.
10. Disable any torrent or such, these things can sometimes cause a nightmare of lag.
11. If all else fails there is always option 13, which from what I gather is Accel's favourite, but that requires careful timing and some practice, so try any of these and if they don't help, then we'll talk about option 13.

EDIT: If you're using a laptop... Don't...
Fuginotory

Postby TataBlitz » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:25 am

so cleaning the dust out fixed my FPS issue, but unity keeps on crashing in MP. I can play SP fine, but on all servers unity crashes, not my computer, no lag whatsoever, unity just derps on me.

for comparison's sake, I tested out playing counterstrike source on a 20 man server, got 60 fps going
TataBlitz

Postby Khally » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:24 pm

I'm sure you've checked that you're running the latest version. Try running it on three different browsers.

There's also a known issue regarding certain anti-virus programs. If you're running a free version of one, consider uninstalling for testing purposes (reinstall afterwards).
Khally

Postby Fuginotory » Wed Dec 04, 2013 3:31 pm

You can also try hosting a game, I keep getting kicked every time I try to join, but when I host I can have over 10 people join without a problem, nobody gets dropped, and only one or two complain of lag, but I guess that's their own PC giving them heck.
Fuginotory

Postby Accelevi » Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:01 pm

Anti-virus?
I haven't heard of it. =o

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Khally » Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:28 pm

Accelevi wrote:Anti-virus?
I haven't heard of it. =o

Yap. It happens often with certain Unity games and while I haven't heard of the same one here, it's always a possibility.
Khally

Postby TataBlitz » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:56 am

so it works again for firefox at least, still not compatiable with chrome tho, still dk what caused it to derp out in the first place as I did not do anything from yesterday to today :?, I'll post again if it happens again, ty for the feedback.
TataBlitz

Postby Accelevi » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:42 pm

Lol, it works on me for every browser.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

PreviousNext

Return to Help Section