Vector Slash Alter Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Vector Slash Alter Tutorial

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:44 am

Bliz, the Hanji of the forums said so before, afaik.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Colopty » Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:05 am

I like how "Blizz said it" has become valid reasoning on this forum.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Accelevi » Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:28 am

He's tested most things, if not everything multiple times to check for errors, and he's generally right.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Colopty » Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:29 pm

I know he did, mostly just pointing out how "Blizz said it" (and variations) has become a common phrase in discussions like these. Kinda fun, really.
Spoiler:
ImageImage
Colopty
Forum Luminary

Formerly: Cephalopod god

Postby Xedma » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:27 am

I can confirm that this is a VERY powerful technique! I use this technique all the time (and generally have been) and it can EASILY get a 1k hit in. Using this technique I've done damages over 1.6k through free-form tree-hopping. This isn't how I got the 1391 in the tournament, though. That used a donut technique with the reel. Funfact: that donut technique is how I got my 1925 as well. (No, I cannot easily replicate it or make a tutorial. Donuts happen by luck for me.)

Something that can amplify this power is the use of vector maneuvering where you wire either to your side or behind you (needs to be at least 90 degrees from your body or this won't work) and then immediatly reel. This sends you flying in a new direction at an increased speed that can be multiplied many times. If used correctly and in combination with the vector slash, you might even break 2000 with a single hit. Theoretical at the moment.
Xedma

Postby Hilo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 4:15 am

Xedma wrote:I can confirm that this is a VERY powerful technique! I use this technique all the time (and generally have been) and it can EASILY get a 1k hit in. Using this technique I've done damages over 1.6k through free-form tree-hopping. This isn't how I got the 1391 in the tournament, though. That used a donut technique with the reel. Funfact: that donut technique is how I got my 1925 as well. (No, I cannot easily replicate it or make a tutorial. Donuts happen by luck for me.)

Something that can amplify this power is the use of vector maneuvering where you wire either to your side or behind you (needs to be at least 90 degrees from your body or this won't work) and then immediatly reel. This sends you flying in a new direction at an increased speed that can be multiplied many times. If used correctly and in combination with the vector slash, you might even break 2000 with a single hit. Theoretical at the moment.

Hmm...that'd be interesting to test. I'll see if I can replicate it. I'm trying to make a montage of 1k+ hits. It was originally just for VSA, but after re-watching my footage it looks like I got a lot of high hitting sparrow slashes too. Thought I might as well include them lol.

The donut technique is a mystery for me too. I've done it before, but replicating it on demand effectively is just beyond what I can do X)
Hilo

Previous

Return to Tutorials