The Underpass - Tutorial

Place tutorials of any kind here. 〆(・∀・@)
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: The Underpass - Tutorial

Postby Hilo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:27 am

Haha this was a pretty fun technique. Pretty easy to get the hang of if you're comfortable with the movement already. I made a video using your underpass, and I threw in Mikasa's special too. Check it out ^^
Spoiler:
Hilo

Postby Xedma » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:33 am

Hilo wrote:Haha this was a pretty fun technique. Pretty easy to get the hang of if you're comfortable with the movement already. I made a video using your underpass, and I threw in Mikasa's special too. Check it out ^^
Spoiler:

lol I guess that's one way to use it.
Xedma

Postby Bryne Arnstadt » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:35 am

Hilo wrote:Haha this was a pretty fun technique. Pretty easy to get the hang of if you're comfortable with the movement already. I made a video using your underpass, and I threw in Mikasa's special too. Check it out ^^
Spoiler:

Nice one Hilo!
The move could be tweaked for both Levi's and Petra's special as well.
Bryne Arnstadt

Postby Swiftblade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:36 am

Spoiler:

Well I guess I did overestimate the difficulty a little bit :P I started doing this move before I even understood how to reel properly, which is why I don't do an instant reel for example, as Xedma said. I guess everyone in here is a lot better than I imagined ^^
And I never thought about using Mikasa's special on it either, that was a pretty nice looking kill!
Swiftblade

Postby Hilo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:39 am

Bryne Arnstadt wrote:
Nice one Hilo!
The move could be tweaked for both Levi's and Petra's special as well.

Petra's for sure, but I think Levi's would be a bit rough X)

Xedma wrote:lol I guess that's one way to use it.

Think this'd be the only time I'd use mikasa's special X)

Swiftblade wrote:
Well I guess I did overestimate the difficulty a little bit :P I started doing this move before I even understood how to reel properly, which is why I don't do an instant reel for example, as Xedma said. I guess everyone in here is a lot better than I imagined ^^
And I never thought about using Mikasa's special on it either, that was a pretty nice looking kill!

On average skill in the forums is a bit higher then the pub ^^"
And thanks :D
Hilo

Postby Splurkey » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:31 pm

The 3rd part where you demonstrate the technique and always got f*cked up by titans, why don't you just hook in his neck part? So you can kill them without being eaten =P
Splurkey

Postby Swiftblade » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:47 pm

Splurkey wrote:The 3rd part where you demonstrate the technique and always got f*cked up by titans, why don't you just hook in his neck part? So you can kill them without being eaten =P

Well, I guess I should've explained that part a little bit more. Those failed techniques were not meant to show how the technique gets you killed, but to show how easily it can fail if you don't do it properly. For example, at the one minute mark, no sound mind would ever attempt an underpass while the titan is shifted to the side, but I wanted to show what happened if you did. You'll also see that I never use a second rope or hook to the nape since all I want to show is the mistakes you can make. Again, at 1:12 I don't even try to rehook or escape after missing the nape, because I just wanted to show you how it could fail. It's my fault for not pointing that out in the video and I see how everyone is taking it that way.

To point them out specifically, the errors I made were:
- 0:55 - I hooked to the side of the spine, which made me miss the nape.
- 1:00 - I tried to Underpass while - 1- The Titan was sideways, which made me hit his legs - 2 - I was too close to the Titan which caused him to do a Karate Chop.
- 1:12 - I hooked too soon after passing, which resulted in the rope being too short.
- 1:22 - Again, hooked to the side of the spine.
- 1:27 - I took too long to turn the camera around, which made me hit the Titan's legs. Consequently, the blast had me fly out and I failed the reel in because I'm a scrub.

All these mistakes are pointed out in text below the video and tips on how to counter them are there as well. I hope that helps ^^
Swiftblade

Postby brate » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:13 pm

Spoiler:

Dude nice one. But the video with the Overdrive drop on your channel by Xedma, HOLY FUCK.
Gotta make one too, because of you guys
brate

Postby Hilo » Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:05 am

Thanks ^^
And have fun ;3
Hilo

Postby Mika » Tue Dec 24, 2013 5:20 am

good tutorial, but i must encourage you to master one of the most basics titan-killing technicks: Well-timed slash. 3+ times you could have got at least 350 and even more if you clicked in the right moment... even though, good tutorial!
Mika

PreviousNext

Return to Tutorials