Crawler Killing General

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Crawler Killing General

Postby Accelevi » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:22 pm

Separate them out?

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:30 pm

The key to fighting a crawler is to stay just above their head. I've found it is actually possible to fight them without using wires. Large crawlers in normal difficulty move at the perfect speed to ride them without using wires at all! I ride them bare-back using only gas and bouncing on their head/back. If you fall into the trench of their neck, you can get a pretty high damage kill.

In higher difficulties it is possible to ride bare-back, but it's a lot more stressful. Their heads are dangerous if you bounce off them too much and go too high. I generally just gas forward and wire a tree if I need to. Instant reels are perfect to prevent you from flying too high.

The old-fashioned way to fight a crawler is to tree-hug and then fall into the trench of their neck. A single wire to secure yourself is all you need to ride one safely. Make sure to gas and only reel to get back on it's back.
Last edited by Xedma on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xedma

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:16 am

I have a feeling the way you'd die if SnK became reality would be by being eaten by a crawler. lol

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Xedma » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:47 am

Not if I eat it first~
Xedma

Postby Roran Hawkins » Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:50 am

I think he'd rather by some kind of Hanji-level or worse freak about them, and would actively search out those pretty and rare beasts to ride them on missions.
Roran Hawkins

Postby Xedma » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 am

"Hey guys! I lost my horse ... but it's ok! Look I found a new one I found!"
Xedma

Postby Roran Hawkins » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:09 am

If the real life me would live in that universe I would make sure that my strategical and tactical aptitude would be put to good use, a good end behind the frontlines. In my opinion people raised with the mindset we have in our society and culture (I am daring to speak speak of the European/American/Internet culture here, where the goal is to enjoy life) it would be extremely hard for us to adapt to such a world.

On a positive note; we'd all be damn scientists.

Back on topic again: Dodging jumping crawlers while cruising through OLD2 is really fun and learns you mid-air manouvring quite well.
Roran Hawkins

Postby Accelevi » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:29 am

When I jump off the tree branch in FII Hard and a crawler comes out of nowhere and just barely misses I near shat my pants.
Anyways, jump+gas over if you like risks.

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby Dudette » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:51 pm

Roran Hawkins wrote:Dodging jumping crawlers while cruising through OLD2 is really fun and learns you mid-air manouvring quite well.

I second that. If you want to be faster at travelling around maps in 3DMG, you should play tag with the crawlers in OL2 abnormal.

Them adrenaline rush is addictive XD
Dudette

Postby Thirdkazekage » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:28 pm

Dudette wrote:
Roran Hawkins wrote:Dodging jumping crawlers while cruising through OLD2 is really fun and learns you mid-air manouvring quite well.

I second that. If you want to be faster at travelling around maps in 3DMG, you should play tag with the crawlers in OL2 abnormal.

Them adrenaline rush is addictive XD

Nice idea, time to try that, and fail miserably :lol:
Thirdkazekage

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion