Group Closed and Server Shutdown

Where threads that should be locked away go. ヽ(#`Д´)ノ
- Accelevi

Group Closed and Server Shutdown

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:14 am

I have transferred ownership, therefore the group that I created is no running.
Last edited by jahob000 on Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:09 am, edited 17 times in total.
jahob000

Re: Jahob000 US WestCoast Sever (No Hamachi, No Evolve)

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:19 am

Just an update. Even though my Skype is always up and online. I may have days where that are "Off-Days" in which case you will see my status as Away.
jahob000

Postby Khally » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:43 am

Hey jahob, good luck with the server :)

Just a heads-up, since you're new to the game. City tends to cause massive FPS drops in multiplayer, hence why you'll rarely see it listed. Unless you're planning on running with <4 people, I'd recommend either Forest II or III.
Khally

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:10 am

Khally wrote:Hey jahob, good luck with the server :)

Just a heads-up, since you're new to the game. City tends to cause massive FPS drops in multiplayer, hence why you'll rarely see it listed. Unless you're planning on running with <4 people, I'd recommend either Forest II or III.

O ok gotcha. I've heard that 4 is kind a the sweet spot. What internet speeds do you have? How many people can you play with?

Oh and that reminds me. For some of you that are like me and aren't seasoned online gamers, if your computer is average and not designed for heavy gaming then you may not want to play in Full Screen Mode. My computer is also average and every time I try to play full screen there is so much lag, even when I use the task manager to give my browser high priority.

So the lag isn't always a connection issue. Consider your computer's processing power and choose is Full Screen is suitable for you. Lol, I'm a noob giving advice.
jahob000

Postby Khally » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:15 am

Yea well, mine has pretty good processing power (despite being a laptop), so turning everything down to the lowest quality enables me to play with FullScreen with no problems.

Regarding connection speed and number of players. If I recall correctly, I have around 22Mbps upload speed and I can easily host for 15 people with zero problems. Of course, when it gets to wave 18, it starts getting problematic, but nothing too serious :P
Khally

Postby Thirdkazekage » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:55 pm

Lol, its was nice playing with you, hope you can add more people soon (plus improve xD) since you have a good computer and such. Btw, can you record gameplay, if so, awwwww yisssss
Thirdkazekage

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:32 pm

Khally wrote:Yea well, mine has pretty good processing power (despite being a laptop), so turning everything down to the lowest quality enables me to play with FullScreen with no problems.

Regarding connection speed and number of players. If I recall correctly, I have around 22Mbps upload speed and I can easily host for 15 people with zero problems. Of course, when it gets to wave 18, it starts getting problematic, but nothing too serious :P

That's one thing I forgot to do was change the quality. Maybe then I can play full screen no sweat. My down speed is about 15mbps and my up is like 1.5. Average I guess.
jahob000

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:33 pm

Thirdkazekage wrote:Lol, its was nice playing with you, hope you can add more people soon (plus improve xD) since you have a good computer and such. Btw, can you record gameplay, if so, awwwww yisssss

Yeah I'm gonna do some practicing later on today.

Never tried recording. I'm pretty sure I can find out how to do screen captures. Did you want me to try and put em on youtube n stuff like that? or just to be able to send you the recorded footage.
jahob000

Postby Accelevi » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:40 pm

Warning to the double posts.
Anyways, nice to see another US server.

Sig courtesy of Zarythe <3

C A D E A U X
Accelevi
« Administrator »

Postby jahob000 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 11:37 pm

Accelevi wrote:Warning to the double posts.
Anyways, nice to see another US server.

Sorry bout that. Knew about the double posting rule and was hoping it was ok for the servers topic due to updates. I understand though. Thanks for the warning. Won't happen again :D
jahob000

Next

Return to The Dungeon