Server difficulties

Place to put all your questions, place to get the answers. 【・ヘ・?】This can have both forum-related questions and game-related questions.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Server difficulties

Postby Shade066 » Wed Jan 29, 2014 6:02 am

Hello :)

A friend and I would like to play Attack on Titan together, but it seems we're having trouble connecting?

She only lives.. perhaps an hour away; which is strange to me as we can't connect and yet we're both able to connect with people from across the world..?

Both of us have attempted to host public servers (neither can join the other)
and now we're switching to private servers.. yet, it seems that even with the help of hamachi, we're unable to connect..

We followed the steps in this youtube video: click

Are we doing anything wrong?
Does anyone have any other suggestions for us to attempt connecting?

Thank you for your time~
Shade066

Re: Server difficulties

Postby Azure Sky » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:15 pm

Well all I can say is what I have been told many times while playing the game which is Port forwarding. I do.t really know much about it myself but I belive it will work for you because it has worked for ther people with the same problem as you.

You can probably just look up a video about Port Forwarding on YouTube for AOT. It is abit harder to set up than hamachi but if you find a tutorial on YouTube it won't be hard as long as you know what you are doing.
Azure Sky

Postby Shade066 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 9:12 pm

I have no idea what I'm doing
I mean, I'm okay with computers.. but not really..

I'll go look up port forwarding to see if it's at all possible; but to be honest, I'm looking for the simplest solution..
Again, I don't know what I'm doing and I don't want to ruin or break my computer or my friend's since I don't exactly have the money to replace them right now~
But, I will go see what port forwarding is; Thank you :)
Shade066

Postby Azure Sky » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:24 pm

There probably is a more simple solution but I'm not exactly the person to ask these things to, there are some people somewhere on the forums that know more that me for sure but they don't like to post here apparently.
But I am glad to help :)
Azure Sky

Postby Khally » Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:49 pm

One of you, the one who hosts, needs to forward a port (preferably the person with the best connection). You can check online on how to forward ports, there are plenty of online tutorials, as well as guides on www.portforward.com .

If you still need help, feel free to add me on Evolve or Skype (Khally_a) :)
Khally

Return to Help Section