Feng's Game - News Discussion

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Feng's Game - News Discussion

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:57 pm

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
Peanuts wrote:This thread should only contain game-related contents, and nothing about Feng's personal life :o
Name of the thread will also be changed. So that it doesn't sound like we are stalking Feng or anything, just to let him know, we are sharing only contents about the next update, and not his personal stuff.

So, guys please keep it to game-updates-related content. :)

NEWEST
Nurolight wrote:Image
LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:Image

PAST AND PRESENT GAME UPDATES
Spoiler:
Civilian NPCs confirmed. Not much details are currently known... except for the fact that they run around.
Spoiler:
RancorSNP wrote:Image

Hmm apparently Derp had already posted it on the Female Titan thread but it had gotten lost under all the new posts.
Spoiler:
Peanuts wrote:
Z.E.D wrote:Erm here's a picture that was uploaded before Mikasa's picture but it only ticked me now? cannons confirmed?

Nope lol, Feng was deciding to make a sweeping action with the leg
He said so in the comments
Spoiler:
Z.E.D wrote:new post need translation :
小范围测试,似乎大家对难度都还基本满意,虽然是一群高手,但还是被虐的很快乐

Peanuts wrote: small test, seems everyone is satisfied with the difficulty. Even for skilled players, they are still tortured.
Spoiler:
This is in the "updates" section because it has news of the Colossal Titan!
Z.E.D wrote:http://ww1.sinaimg.cn/bmiddle/633bbcb5jw1ebobhqexwhj20c833wne9.jpg
Peanuts wrote:The previous post's content did not obtain 4CHAN's permission, worried that he wanted to keep his identity a secret, so deleted it. Anyway I can't write everything in 280 words, so lets write a long one instead, 1st time using ”长微博" (a function in weibo, I think).

"European Vanguard Open Tournament" sounds like grand and royal, but there were only 6 teams competing on the last day. Each squad has at least 3 person, so switching was allowed (Under Forest II Hard, both sides competed for titan kills, if 1 side was annihilated, or have insufficient scores, they will lose). So to say, competing in the tournament at the end, were only around 20 players. Unclear on the number of audiences.

But, I still watched the streams with a thrilled feeling, one tournament that was started, hosted by the players on the forum, online streaming, players from different countries, could gather around during these 3 days, spend 3 hours everyday for these online grouping activities (Of course, there are situations when Gun from ToL had to switch out because she had to eat, rumours that she's a girl QwQ). It really made me feel so happy.

The commentator spoke non-stop for 3 hours + (Could say he was the judge, went to suicide at the start of the game, so as to enable spectator mode). Finally, the team Born to Lose from 4CHAN (There's a team on 4CHAN, that does not enagae in the forum, has a small team, and there's a guy there that helps me fix the BUG, created some advanced MOD, I will mention his name in the next update in the CREDITS section) achieved victory, the numbers of members they had were unknown, as all of them used, FLAN, FLAN'S DAD, FLAN'S MOM, these kind of nicknames to enter the competition, the flan family.

*GIF of FLAN*

In 2nd PLace was the 1st guild in the forum, Talons of Libery Squad, including Tinyweed, CryziesX, these skilled players that I have been paying attention to. Besides, from Wall Maria, Kuma displayed some moves that shook the whole crowd, watching the streams with me, Jiang, we both were in awe. These players, I could say are the peak of the players in the world. Each of them spent long amounts of time to research on the 3DMG, for example, Kuma can repeatedly control his position in the air to do fly--bys on the napes, I'm sure most of the players has to put in lots of effort to kill a titan, but Kuma's control is as equal to god.

*tournament branch picture*
*Image from the stream*

Time has returned to around July, due to the suggestions being received from players, at the same time, because the forum is a very effective place to keep players, I created a forum for AoTTG. As I don't have much experience, I googled ways to set up one that requires not much effort, chose phpBB at the end. Althought it isn't really nice, and not sure on how to beautify it, but it had basic features, to show the content, I feel that it was enough.

In the early days, I was the only one cleaning up the forum. Most importantly, was to take care of the spam bots, and had to deal with arguments on the forums, and had to deal with many email suggestions, Facebook messages at the same time. Developing the game, and cleaning up the forum, boosted my initiative, but gradually, I realised, if I didn't clean up on this day, on the next day, I would have to spend hours to do it, in addition, dealing with basic english communications, I felt that I couldn't do it. As time passed, that "new" feeling, sort of disappeared, and now, it became another source of stress. So slowly, I became unable to reply to players' suggestions, up till now, I still felt a little guilty, but I still became used to ignoring some players' requests. Reading up till now, the friends that I have never replied to you, I can only say sorry, I can't find any reasons to get myself out of this one.

Back to the topic of the forum, following the constant updates of the game, the contents gradually caused more and more players to think about the contents as the core problem. The number of people on the forum became more and more, there were many people that made requests to be moderators. Slowly, I passed on my power, functions, blah, blah. Although some unsatisfied people made complaints to me about the moderators' method of moderating, I in fact tilted more towards letting them shape forum based on their thinking, after discussing with the guy [Heichou, this is you I think, this is my comment XD] about some basic guidelines, I literally did not went on to the forum for these 2 months. They had set out the structure, had a small team, talked about some issues regarding the 3DMG on my forum, they began building a small suggestion team, in preparation for the future.

AoTTG's multiplayer structure was actually quite simple, even with the connection. By using HAMACHI, they are able to play together with friends, and thus, AoTTG entered a new era, ---- of course China players were unfortunate to meet some restrictions with the files, most of the players still treated this as a single player game ----- Multiplayer Era. Many skilled players from the single player generation, due to the change in some game mechanics, gradually disappeared from this stage. 14th September's version, after changing the image and AI of the titans, went on to cause more players to leave the game, at the same time, there were births of skilled players. With the increase in numbers of players, more and more play styles became team-based, styles that could not be done were constantly being realised by players, the changes in this half of the year, was really a unforgettable experience. (Couldn't resist not seeing the numbers of PV [What's that?Leaving it as it is], 40 million).

Probably, down the road, looking back at this game I developed, I may spit at it. There may be a chance that these adorable players may have forgotten about this game, or maybe they have the downloaded versions of AoTTG on their desktops, and may delete those files to save space, or maybe I may would have stopped paying for the hosting of the webpage, and there won't be anyone that can search for this game, only to watch it on videos sites, to walk through memory lane, but all these aren't important. Everything I have up till this point, I am quite satisfied. [This was supposed to be an awesome paragraph, but I may have screwed it up, sry bout that]

Because I didn't do well in my languages in primary school, so I may be a little talkative, so those that are able to hang on up till this sentence, a little reward to you, and that is: The colossal titan that Feng has been working on (as always, the model is to be completed by Jiang)!

[My comments]

Translation may be a little weird, as my Chinese isn't really that good as Feng's :lol:
All of our reactions when we read that post:
=_= wrote:Image
The feelz...
I have no more to say.
Spoiler:
Zarythe wrote:Image

Looks like we have a new Menu incoming :D
Spoiler:
A little note from Feng <3
fenglee wrote:well, since the interview has been translated, i would like to say something.
Do i feel like owe you guys? yes,always.you guys are the best.
Am I greedy ? kinda, but who wouldn't?especially when you've grown up, have to deal with real life problems.
at first when i thought about adding those ads, i consult some of my friends, is it legal to have these ads-revenues. the answer is as long as you are not getting revenues directly from the game, like in-game-ads,selling copies,it's ok. so I did it.i believe if it's illegal the author would sue me long time ago. there're also other web based attack on titan games with ads in their page, still going viral. look, I am not saying this is a good thing to do , like using copyright material making money , i am just saying that it's only just "acceptable" not "encouragable ".
as for the "three months still no updates", i have to say sorry for that, i am working on new updates...I don't remember if i mentioned but I have to rewrite stuffs, it's not easy for me... maybe what you see is : there's a feng earnnig money from his free game and he's happy with it and ignore all of our suggestions and bla bla. what you don't see is feng having some shit going on in his real life, he can't just sit down and just make games without any interruption.
and I am not going to blame any of you , like for pushing me too hard, or asking the update or whatever. it's you guys making the game bigger and better, not me.
i promise the next update will be out before April ends :)

The interview he mentions, kindly translated by Iavas.
Spoiler:

Feng also chats about details regarding the login system at around pg.190 (rough approximate, you'll probably have to go forward or back a few pages)
Spoiler:
Zarythe wrote:OMGOMGOMGOMOGOG NEWS ABOUT THE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Also this http://imgur.com/a/8iJ12#0 with thanks Consti for sharing~
Spoiler:
Thanks Connorhere for the collection!
LeviTheHappyBunny wrote:Image
I think this is real, if it is, thank goodness.

Ghosthunter wrote:Enjoy.......................................................................

Peanuts wrote:Image
Feng: "打算引入巨猎MOD制作者AYA的风格评价系统,美术重新制作一下"
Last edited by Skirazi on Sun Jun 22, 2014 6:05 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Skirazi

Re: Feng's Weibo

Postby Levvuny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:58 pm

Feng can't update this week because Jaing is making a surprise for us.
Levvuny

Postby Blizzard2795 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:11 pm

My best guess would be either more variety for titan models, or a new map. Not really sure if the map design would be Feng's thing, or his.
Blizzard2795

Postby Levvuny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:20 pm

That was my guess too. I'm guessing more titan models > new map though.
Levvuny

Postby Orion » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:21 pm

Blizzard2795 wrote:My best guess would be either more variety for titan models, or a new map. Not really sure if the map design would be Feng's thing, or his.

As far as I know, Jiang is the animator/model designer, so it could be more titan models as you said, horses (Idea by Z.E.D) or anything close to what his job is.
Orion

Postby Blizzard2795 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:24 pm

Orion wrote:
Blizzard2795 wrote:My best guess would be either more variety for titan models, or a new map. Not really sure if the map design would be Feng's thing, or his.

As far as I know, Jiang is the animator/model designer, so it could be more titan models as you said, horses (Idea by Z.E.D) or anything close to what his job is.

Yep, he is. Horses already exist to some extent though, model wise, though I'm not sure if they were ever textured. Based on how it's specifically Jiang's surprise though, I feel like it'll be something purely for aesthetics, since something like horses would require actual programming.
Blizzard2795

Postby Levvuny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:30 pm

^ That's what I thought too, and I don't want Feng to be rushed on FT because he is programming horses too.
Levvuny

Postby Z.E.D » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:46 pm

Can somebody translate this? It's also from the Weibo but the google translation is weird

刚才小睡了下,做了个梦,第一次梦到丧尸了……一个人勇敢的搏斗干掉了好几只。然后发现手指被咬到了一点,伤口是黄色的。于是我立马叫我爸说,被咬了,赶紧的。然后他拿出小刀就把我手指给割掉了。唔……进击的巨人52话已经出来大家可以去看一下

oh and here's anothe picture from his weibo

Z.E.D

Postby Skirazi » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:48 pm

Maybe he is drunk? XD It sounds epic on google translate, something about zombies and cutting off fingers. +1
Skirazi

Postby Levvuny » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:51 pm

Here's the translation of Feng trippin' on something.
"Just take a nap the next, Had a dream first dreamed of a zombie A brave struggle just to get rid of several . Then find a little finger bitten, the wound is yellow. So I immediately called my dad said. Bitten, and quickly. Then he took out a knife to cut off my fingers Well ...... onslaught of giant 52 words have come out to see what we can"
WHAAT?
Levvuny

Next

Return to General Discussion