Feedback V07102014

( ̄ε(# ̄)☆╰╮Every thing about the game.o( ̄皿 ̄///)
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

Re: Feedback V07102014

Postby Terramort » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:17 am

Yeah, I suppose I did go a bit overboard with the feedback. Ah well, if anyone feels it's actually suggestion worthy, feel free to copy/paste/reword/whatever and post it up. I just wanted to throw some ideas up concerning the latest update added stuff.
Terramort

Postby AirZ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:19 am

A7X Rogue Titan wrote:There's already another thread for the update... :|

I know there is the general thread which contains the update, but the point of this thread is to collect feedback and bugs which came with this update. That should prevent the creation of countless of threads all addressing one particular bug, or other small heaps of feedback.
Also, to provide a clear overview for feng with bugs, and what could be improved, compiled of my own and others findings.
AirZ

Postby The Rogue Titan » Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:05 am

AirZ wrote:
A7X Rogue Titan wrote:There's already another thread for the update... :|

I know there is the general thread which contains the update, but the point of this thread is to collect feedback and bugs which came with this update. That should prevent the creation of countless of threads all addressing one particular bug, or other small heaps of feedback.
Also, to provide a clear overview for feng with bugs, and what could be improved, compiled of my own and others findings.

Well then that would go in the Bug Reports section. Just saying...
I will kill all of the Titans. All of them! Exterminate them from this Earth. They are my prey now...
RIP Talons of Liberty
. Image
We fought hard but in the end we only succeeded in killing ourselves.

In-game name: A7XRogueTitan
The Rogue Titan

Formerly: A7X Rogue Titan

Postby Connorhere » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:00 am

Outside the Walls is probably the most fun map out of them all for me, since it's the first to actually have a new objective that i actually care about, as well as the fact that it does enforce teamwork to some level.

Sadly the PVP section of the map seems to be one-sided, tilted in favour to the soldiers because Titans can barely capture checkpoints. Due to the fact that most titans are too big to even fit in the checkpoint area so the loading often stops or goes down whenever you try to capture one. It works if you're a tiny titan but then you're slow as hell and you must walk all the way across the map. Not to mention the map bug where the first titan you kill counts as a win, which often ends with doom for the server and everyone leaves.

There are a few other bugs in the map which sadly ruin the fun in a map which i think is really good, and i know Feng couldn't check them all so i can only wait until they get cleared up for now.
Connorhere

Postby Miracle » Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:44 am

The combo system is based on consecutive kill within short time, and give you point multiplier by doing it.
Miracle

Postby Noodler » Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:39 pm

Miracle wrote:The combo system is based on consecutive kill within short time, and give you point multiplier by doing it.

Points as in damage? Because I've noticed none of that.

And I officially have a reason to be sad that I get low average damage compared to other players in my skill range. :cry:
Noodler

Postby Connorhere » Fri Jul 11, 2014 4:39 pm

What i don't understand about the new Outside the Walls map is the fact that you can win in two ways, but is one of the ways bugged? The first way is obviously capturing every checkpoint for your side. And the second way is to kill 50 of the opposing side. But the second way is kind of stupid unless it's bugged and the amount you must kill increases with respawns. Otherwise it's again unfair for the titan side considering there are several NPC titans that are easily killed however every soldier player is an actual person and there tends to be less than 10 of them unless you're on a large server.
Connorhere

Postby xRivailution » Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:41 pm

Actually, its quite time consuming to kill 50 damn Titans. Nobody tries that.

Though I would of liked something better, like, for example, everyone must regroup in one point and then move on.

That would be better than standing for 1.5 minutes in a circle :/
xRivailution

Postby AirZ » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:38 pm

xRivailution wrote:Actually, its quite time consuming to kill 50 damn Titans. Nobody tries that.

Though I would of liked something better, like, for example, everyone must regroup in one point and then move on.

That would be better than standing for 1.5 minutes in a circle :/

Actually, if you play forest 2,3,4, enough people kill 50+ titans.

I think regrouping wouldn't be necessary. However, perhaps it should be made so that you can only conquer the next checkpoint, and not skipping any.
AirZ

Postby Terramort » Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:54 pm

It's not kill 50 Titans, though. Each type of Titan is worth various points (normal: 1, Abbie: 2, Jumper/PT: 3, Crawlie: 4), so if you run into a group of abbies and runners, it doesn't take long at all to knock down 20-30 points, even alone. I still have yet to win the the map capturing the checkpoints, I've already won the game clearing the last CP in the Forest of nearby Titans so I *can* capture. And every game I've participated in (Titan or human) has ended in landslide victory for the humans (40+ points remaining), except for a notable 2 where there where 3 PTs working together to summon Annie - which we easily put a stop to by simply using 3DMG to reach CP4 and sending 1 guy on ahead to kill the incoming PTs, instead of wasting time with horses. The PTs had to respawn at the forest, while buddy #2 took CP3, so humans could respawn right next to the fight.

Even summoning Annie didn't really insta-win, as she won both times with only 2 points required for Humanity to win (close games were close), but we could have easily won had we quit blitzing Annie, 3 PTs, numbers jumpers and a crawler and just picked of stragglers while avoiding Annie.

That's another thing - the insta-annie spawn is why Titans take FOREVER to take CP4 - if instead, they capture at a decent rate, and Annie spawns after X minutes, it would make things a little more fair both ways, I think.

Finally, allow numerous people on a CP to capture it. Unless it is a large server, someone has to capture the CPs, and since helping doesn't help, everyone goes off and kills Titans. By the time the CPs are capture, there is maybe 15-20 points left in the map, and good luck getting to the forest before those points are gone if you aren't fairly skilled.

tl;dr: buff how the Titans can capture bases, allow game creator to specify points needed to win, add a time limit to Annie spawning after CP4 capture to prevent Titan buff from being OP (30 seconds?), speed CP capture with numerous people on it
Terramort

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion