Want to Help Feng? Click Here!

( ・・)σ Make sure you stay up to date on these. You CAN reply to threads here.
- Accelevi
Forum rules
Forget-me-not.

Re: Want to Help Feng? Click Here!

Postby Arkhidon » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:25 am

Has there been a large fundraiser at all for this? As in some sort of kickstarter or crowdsourcing event?
Outside of the forums, I think a good bit of help can be found.
Arkhidon

Postby Terramort » Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:51 pm

We can't do that for fear of copyright issues from Funimation, sadly.
Terramort

Postby Miracle » Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:09 am

Terramort wrote:We can't do that for fear of copyright issues from Funimation, sadly.

Well, I think the copyright issues would be from some China's company that obtained the AoT license in China.
Miracle

Postby Kirit0 » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:46 pm

I was going to donate some money to Feng anyway. I have played the game so much he deserves it. I was going to donate half of the money I made from youtube so far (£11). Can't get paypal account working atm so I will have to wait a few days.
Kirit0

Postby TBaefong » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:51 pm

I'd really like to donate $150 to the game, but I still am unsure about Paypal, is it a trustworthy service?
TBaefong

Postby Iskandar » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:36 pm

i use it for all my online expenses (from games, to ordering books, to managing the gb expenses) so i definitely approve bae, as for the amount you plan on donating, no need to just throw such a burst of money at him, if you plan on donating that much, do so split by each month.
Iskandar

Postby T3rran » Tue Nov 04, 2014 4:41 pm

The biggest problem with donating is if the project starts to make a profit. It's the exact same problem with WoW private servers. They aren't allowed to profit, but they are allowed to take donations to keep servers up and running and perform maintenance.

So, if Feng requires 800 dollars per month to keep his servers running, we can only give him 800 a month. If he starts making profit, he is breaking copyright rules, and I don't think taking the money to pay for his time and other coders/artists is allowed. Correct me if I'm wrong, copyright is very finicky and has lots of special cases.

The only reason I bring this up is because I really love this game. I don't want to see the game get taken down from our donations because we donated so much that it's considered a profit, and the law considers it a profit, and they give Feng the all powerful "cease and desist" letter.
T3rran

Postby Terramort » Tue Nov 04, 2014 5:52 pm

As long as donations are donations to Feng, and not us paying to play the game, it's perfectly legal. I can give 1000$ to anyone, regardless of what kind of games they are making or what they are doing. It's the requesting of donations that become illegal after you've made back expenses. If the donation button said "Want to keep playing AoT? Donate now!" and Feng kept it up after the 800 dollars, that's a problem. But just donating money to him? No issue.
Terramort

Postby Razuhiko » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:40 pm

i would gladly help but im broke right now lol
Razuhiko

Postby shingekinoSTPHN » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:14 am

That was really a brilliant idea Master Feng.
Sometimes im thinking that it feels sad that im just playing the game free without helping the internal structures that who are embodying this game . Im really sorry Master Feng if i cant donate ,im so really poor from a corrupt governed country.
It feels like i am worthless piece of trash. I really wanted to support the game financially ,but i can't earn money for now ,dont even have my own PC . I am always be at your side Feng , Very glad that im 2 years and still supprting the game .
Thank you for having it free for everyone . This game is really awesome , cool and very genuine.
I salute you Mastah Feng and to all the staffs who are embodying the game . *salutes !
shingekinoSTPHN

Previous

Return to Staff Announcements 2 - Where you can contribute!