less useless specials

(●′ω`●) any game ideas are welcome (′~`●) 
- Made by Feng, title edited by Accelevi

less useless specials

Postby Walter White » Mon May 04, 2015 7:58 pm

i was thinking about this... right now i don't ever see anybody using marco and armin's special, so i wondered if we could make them usable mid air with some changes:
armin's special imo is ok as it is since it's radius is really bad and it needs the aggro, so you need to move properly and have timing in order to really benefit from it even mid air.
marco's special shoul get a radius nerf since 100 square ingamemeters are really an invitation to trolling with it, so maybe 50m or 70m but only in the direction that the character is facing or anything you can think about it.
i'd love to see a bit of this specials back in the game
Walter White

Re: less useless specials

Postby Terramort » Sat May 16, 2015 8:59 am

Only been asking for 'em since they first came out. Do yourself a favor and don't pin any hope on these suggestion forums. :P
Terramort

Postby Rithari » Sat May 16, 2015 12:17 pm

The skills still have a use, even if no one is using those character skills, why remove them? They just are a part of it.
Rithari

Postby Walter White » Sat May 16, 2015 3:16 pm

terramort i wouldn't call this hope, i think it more of deadly stubborness.
and rithari i didn't suggest to take them down, i suggested to buff them to be valuable without having to land and stand still, with the opportune balancement
Walter White

Postby Terramort » Sat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Deadly stubbornness eh? Well that's on thing I can get behind. I'll bring up my old thoughts on the specials -

Marco: Allow use of his aggro move in the air. Additionally, on the ground, putting your reticule on a single Titan will lure just that Titan, not a radial group. Increase time at which Titans remain aggro'ed.

Jean: Grrr I hate his special. All characters should have a grab escape... anyway, giving it any sort of cooldown immediately makes this special the most coveted, the only thing I can think of is to bring back Jean's reduced gas usage (only for spacebar gas, not cables/bursts/reels).

Armin: Allow use of his distraction move in the air. Increase distraction time slightly at the cost of a longer 'dance'. Allow the special to work on all variants of Titans except crawlers. Managing to make a Punk laugh should have a bonus, like the Punk laughs so hard he falls on his ass.

Eren: Really Feng? You STILL haven't changed it from a Petra clone? In levels without Eren Titan, maybe some sort of like, dodge special? Like a super gas burst that's 3x as strong but has a cooldown? Or some new attack animation.

Sasha: Allow eating the potatoe in the air. (still upset she didn't get a bow 'n arrow instead)
Terramort

Postby Walter White » Sat May 16, 2015 4:32 pm

i like some of this, marco and armin are perfectly ok to me like this.
idk about jean, the gas bonus + grab special was what made him totally op, i find him kinda balanced now
eren different special would be nice
and sasha potato in the air would be great with orizontal wall run and "landing run" that maintain the momentum, would make it so useful that i wouldn't feel like i need the bow special (even if it would be nice)
Walter White

Postby Terramort » Sat May 16, 2015 5:24 pm

Yes, Sasha potato wall run would pretty cool. As for Jean's special - well, unless you exceptionally talented with your blade strikes, it doesn't matter how much gas you have after the blade breakage update.
Terramort

Postby Walter White » Sat May 16, 2015 8:37 pm

you got a point on jean, but then again, i don't know how giving him back his 150% gas would help balancing
Walter White

Return to Game Suggestions